I need help setting up my audio

BoyUtog

Hello linustechtips I do need tips and please help me. How to do I use both my headset with mic "typical gaming headsets" and open speakers "Edifier brand speakers" at the same time? The reason why I want them both so that even though I am playing games wearing a headset with mic I want my friends to hear what I am hearing with the use of my speakers. My device is a pc and I know that it is doable by plugging the speaker's 3.5mm jack to the green port on the motherboard and the headset on the pc tower's front panel green port. The problem is my pc tower's front panel audio port the green port is actually not working maybe it is damaged due to the quality issue let's just say my pc tower is close to be a generic case. I have heard that it is not advisable plugging any gaming headsets on the pc tower's front panel audio ports compared to plugging on the motherboard. Going back to my question, can you give me tips how make them work together my gaming headset and my speakers. Thank you so much. 

There are many better ways to share PC audio than speakers, you should consider something like screen sharing on discord.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yeah don't do that. It will sound horrible. Most voice chat applications let you share system sound. Which I still can't understand why you would want to do that, but if you want to you can.