Short Term Storage For PC parts

Sevrio759
Go to solution Solved by Sevrio759,

thanks for the input, I think I will keep using all thos removable drive bays from different cases, but i anyone else has this probelm (and a couple hundred bucks) here is this This look like the best mangement way.

I have been taking apart some old pcs and found i do not have anywhere to store the parts and everywhere else i look everyone says just use esd-safe bags and it doesn't matter where you put them but i want something that will look a tad bit nicer. I figured i wasn't the first person with this problem.

(btw the parts are 7 hard drives (mostly 3.5mm but a few 2.5mm), some ODDs, couple sodimm ram sticks, and fans)

(I didn't know where to put this so cases seem appropriate)

2 minutes ago, Sevrio759 said:

I have been taking apart some old pcs and found i do not have anywhere to store the parts and everywhere else i look everyone says just use esd-safe bags and it doesn't matter where you put them but i want something that will look a tad bit nicer. I figured i wasn't the first person with this problem.

(btw the parts are 7 hard drives (mostly 3.5mm but a few 2.5mm), some ODDs, couple sodimm ram sticks, and fans)

(I didn't know where to put this so cases seem appropriate)

just do what i do. purposely lose them, forget about them, then surprise yourself later.

Ok. realistically i just have them stacked in some drawers. The HDDs would be fine if you don't constantly shake or move them.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Just now, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Ok. realistically i just have them stacked in some drawers. The HDDs would be fine if you don't constantly shake or move them.

yea i understand that but i was hoping for some that looked better, plus my friend is also so a pc nerd and i want to show off

Just now, Sevrio759 said:

yea i understand that but i was hoping for some that looked better, plus my friend is also so a pc nerd and i want to show off

Tool boxes with individual drawers

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I just use these cheap plastic storage drawers for storing all my RAM, CPUs, cards, etc. They were on clearance at like walmart or something and work perfectly. (I've also got some antistatic bags split apart on the bottoms of the drawers but you could get by without those)

IMG_20190220_140833.thumb.jpg.042cfbc81aa3130c0d09765118feab62.jpg

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, ELSknutson said:

frame them and put them on the wall 

a81ae53e51346e582276357a0ce9fae1.jpg

THAT IS BALLER