Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sevrio759

Short Term Storage For PC parts

thanks for the input, I think I will keep using all thos removable drive bays from different cases, but i anyone else has this probelm (and a couple hundred bucks) here is this This look like the best mangement way.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have been taking apart some old pcs and found i do not have anywhere to store the parts and everywhere else i look everyone says just use esd-safe bags and it doesn't matter where you put them but i want something that will look a tad bit nicer. I figured i wasn't the first person with this problem.

(btw the parts are 7 hard drives (mostly 3.5mm but a few 2.5mm), some ODDs, couple sodimm ram sticks, and fans)

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I didn't know where to put this so cases seem appropriate)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sevrio759 said:

I have been taking apart some old pcs and found i do not have anywhere to store the parts and everywhere else i look everyone says just use esd-safe bags and it doesn't matter where you put them but i want something that will look a tad bit nicer. I figured i wasn't the first person with this problem.

(btw the parts are 7 hard drives (mostly 3.5mm but a few 2.5mm), some ODDs, couple sodimm ram sticks, and fans)

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I didn't know where to put this so cases seem appropriate)

just do what i do. purposely lose them, forget about them, then surprise yourself later.

Ok. realistically i just have them stacked in some drawers. The HDDs would be fine if you don't constantly shake or move them.


Ready

0 print "fartz"

10 goto 0

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

fartz

Ctrl-break

Ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Ok. realistically i just have them stacked in some drawers. The HDDs would be fine if you don't constantly shake or move them.

yea i understand that but i was hoping for some that looked better, plus my friend is also so a pc nerd and i want to show off

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sevrio759 said:

yea i understand that but i was hoping for some that looked better, plus my friend is also so a pc nerd and i want to show off

 

Tool boxes with individual drawers


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just use these cheap plastic storage drawers for storing all my RAM, CPUs, cards, etc. They were on clearance at like walmart or something and work perfectly. (I've also got some antistatic bags split apart on the bottoms of the drawers but you could get by without those)

IMG_20190220_140833.thumb.jpg.042cfbc81aa3130c0d09765118feab62.jpg


Specs: CPU: Intel core i7 3770, GPU: Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 8Gb, RAM: 16 Gb DDR3 SODIMMs @1333Mhz , Motherboard: ASUS P8B75-M LE.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×