Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fasauceome

New case for a friend

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Friend of mine has this build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/67MZxr

And his case is literally falling to pieces. I gave him a recommendation for some of the cooler master masterbox cases, I think they're pretty roomy and have decent airflow (I recommended ones with open front panels) but I'd love to know if there's a really good case for these parts, preferably close to or below $70 USD.

 

Edit: not having glass is also good, he likes to transport his PC occasionally


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Friend of mine has this build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/67MZxr

And his case is literally falling to pieces. I gave him a recommendation for some of the cooler master masterbox cases, I think they're pretty roomy and have decent airflow (I recommended ones with open front panels) but I'd love to know if there's a really good case for these parts, preferably close to or below $70 USD.

 

Edit: not having glass is also good, he likes to transport his PC occasionally

Masterbox Lite 5 is a decent case with poor airflow, but it looks very nice and with some mods airflow issues can be easily resolved,and its very budget oriented. 

 

EDIT: dammit, just realized he has EATX.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is going to be making sure the case supports EATX. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 512gb Intel 600p

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Problem is going to be making sure the case supports EATX. 

Well, the motherboard isn't actually that huge, the motherboard only extends a couple centimeters past the rightmost screws so there are a lot of ATX cases that would fit it but PCPP doesn't recognize that.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well, the motherboard isn't actually that huge, the motherboard only extends a couple centimeters past the rightmost screws so there are a lot of ATX cases that would fit it but PCPP doesn't recognize that.

Then check our that Masterbox Lite 5, it has all the modern features for low price, except that quite restrictive front panel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, filippalfi said:

Then check our that Masterbox Lite 5, it has all the modern features for low price, except that quite restrictive front panel. 

The non lite version is super nice, I had a good time working with it

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP8MM8544&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-NothingButSavings.com-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-9SIA6ZP8MM8544&gclid=CjwKCAiAkrTjBRAoEiwAXpf9CadXywebFWCeXswAVucWeYkIC-Wz8N-A8lA3BZIQNmj-K-ShKwnuzhoCQSwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just going on what I remember, it should work just fine given the super ample room to the right of the motherboard.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

 

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah, that does seem as a waaay better case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×