What is the Best Looking CPU Air Cooler?

Yes, air cooling will never beat a custom loop in temperatures, but they can beat AIO coolers(if those even count) and air coolers are still more silent than water cooling, you just get worse temps. Pretty sure you can get a NH-D14 or something and keep the fans running at around 600rpm and your CPU temps will be fine, but it will be significantly higher than a large watercooling loop(talking almost 20 degree differences between a dual tower vs quad rads with 600rpm noctua fans).

Even at stock clocks, under load your going to need pretty high rpm fans to keep things in check (1300rpm or so) Where a water cooler you can ramp down the fans very low as well as your pump.

There isn't a comparison here so please stop arguing a null point. If you had any experience with a custom loop at all, or ever even seen one, then you would know what your talking about, but it's so very clear that you don't have a clue, so just stop cause this is quite embarassing to see you spit out complete rubbish like this

Prolimatech Megahalems or Be Quiet Dark Rock 2 Pro.

What about those coolers?

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

What about those coolers?

I like those, those are good coolers.

Quote me to get a reply!

Even at stock clocks, under load your going to need pretty high rpm fans to keep things in check (1300rpm or so) Where a water cooler you can ramp down the fans very low as well as your pump.

There isn't a comparison here so please stop arguing a null point. If you had any experience with a custom loop at all, or ever even seen one, then you would know what your talking about, but it's so very clear that you don't have a clue, so just stop cause this is quite embarassing to see you spit out complete rubbish like this

I have a custom loop.... and if you have a high end air cooler, you can keep the fans at 600rpm even with slight overclocks. It sounds like you think air coolers are only good for low end CPUs.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I have a custom loop.... and if you have a high end air cooler, you can keep the fans at 600rpm even with slight overclocks. It sounds like you think air coolers are only good for low end CPUs.

Well you've obviously fucked up big time on your loop then.

And Air coolers are good for near any CPU if you get a good air cooler, but the fact of the matter is that putting a D14 on a OCed 4770k will mean you need much higher fan speeds to keep temps in check than what you would need if you had a good radiator on it. That makes noise, that's just fact and pretty much common knowledge.

Yeah I'ma agree with @IVIeLt here

No air cooler I've ever encountered can compete with a water cooler. Your just making yourself look completely clueless here @shirokado

Did you like even read? I clearly stated multiple times, air coolers cannot beat water loops on temperature, but they are more silent at the cost of those temperatures. You can get a NH-D14, keep the fans at 600rpm, and overclock your cpu, and get around 80 degree under load, you can also get a custom loop, and it'll probably get even better temps, hovering around the 50s with the same fans at 600rpm. But if theres 2 600rpm fans on an air cooler, and 3x600rpm on a 360mm ran + a pump, the water loop is creating more noise, but it does get much better temps. and 80 may not be a low temperature, but its still a perfectly fine temperature.

Well you've obviously fucked up big time on your loop then.

And Air coolers are good for near any CPU if you get a good air cooler, but the fact of the matter is that putting a D14 on a OCed 4770k will mean you need much higher fan speeds to keep temps in check than what you would need if you had a good radiator on it. That makes noise, that's just fact and pretty much common knowledge.

I didn't even add any information about my loop, just what mistakes did I make? I don't know how many time I'm going to type this, air coolers, are more silent, but get worse temps, is that so hard to understand? Water cooling isn't magic, theres a pump which makes noise, you get better temps, but you're still adding another noise source.

D14 on a OCd cpu running 600rpm fans, yeah nah, your full of shit. Like completely full of shit

You can run a D14 on a stock cpu with 0 fans. Next you'll be telling me that passive cooling is impossible.

I didn't even add any information about my loop, just what mistakes did I make? I don't know how many time I'm going to type this, air coolers, are more silent, but get worse temps, is that so hard to understand? Water cooling isn't magic, theres a pump which makes noise, you get better temps, but you're still adding another noise source.

If your loop is louder than any air cooler out there, then you fucked up, it doesn't matter on the specs, you fucked up.

You obviously have no idea about watercooling whatsoever, clearly pointed out by the fact that you think air coolers are more silent.

If your loop is louder than any air cooler out there, then you fucked up, it doesn't matter on the specs, you fucked up.

You obviously have no idea about watercooling whatsoever, clearly pointed out by the fact that you think air coolers are more silent.

Any air cooler? Now you're just making things up. I stated "high-end" air coolers as well. My loops is silent alright, I can't hear any noise when im sitting at my desk. But if i open my side panel and sit down next to it and compare it to a NH-D14 or another high end air cooler, im gonna hear more whining  because of 2 reason, 1. pump makes noise, 2. i have more fans, so that makes more noise.

You can run a 3570 at stock on a gigantic cooler that takes up your first 2 PCIe slots. On a D14, hell no.

I really should just not bother feeding your retardation, somebody on the forum could read this and accidentally think that you have the slightest idea what your talking about and ruin their computer based on your terrible ideas on how a PC should run. But god it's too entertaining seeing you spout out random nonsense to let this go :3

First of all, the NH-D14 doesn't take up the first 2 PCI-e slot, have you even seen a NH-D14? And you've never seen passive cooling before? Do you think watercooling is magic?

Any air cooler? Now you're just making things up. I stated "high-end" air coolers as well. My loops is silent alright, I can't hear any noise when im sitting at my desk. But if i open my side panel and sit down next to it and compare it to a NH-D14 or another high end air cooler, im gonna hear more whining  because of 2 reason, 1. pump makes noise, 2. i have more fans, so that makes more noise.

Well in that case you either picked a shit pump, or shit fans, or don't have enough radiator area.

Any of these reasons lead back to the same cause, you fucked up

Well in that case you either picked a shit pump, or shit fans, or don't have enough radiator area.

Any of these reasons lead back to the same cause, you fucked up

I'm not following your logic. I have 2x 240mm radiators, all with noctua NF-12 running at 7v.  And I have a EK d5 pump. I really don't understand how you think 4 fans+ pump is more silent than 2 fans.

The passive air cooler I was referring to wasn't a D14 but instead the NoFan Icepipe, A D14 crosses over the first PCIe slot on some motherboards. But cannot run a CPU passive unless you are running either a very very low TDP chip.

I know passive cooling is possible, I've done it before myself, but with a D14 it's just not happening unless you run a i3 and undervolt

I have a 2600k at stock speeds with a NH-D14 sitting on it. When I load it, it gets around 88 degree on the hottest core, its quite possible. Now that's not a good temp by any means, but its not throttling.

I'm not following your logic. I have 2x 240mm radiators, all with noctua NF-12 running at 7v.  And I have a EK d5 pump. I really don't understand how you think 4 fans+ pump is more silent than 2 fans.

Because you run that same chip on a D14 and your fans will be running at much higher RPM

You could probably get away with running NF-F12's at 5v each with 480mm rad space if your only running a CPU in the loop, then a D5 can almost run at it's minimum RPM and still power that loop well enough. That's more silent than any air cooler can be

Because you run that same chip on a D14 and your fans will be running at much higher RPM

You could probably get away with running NF-F12's at 5v each with 480mm rad space if your only running a CPU in the loop, then a D5 can almost run at it's minimum RPM and still power that loop well enough. That's more silent than any air cooler can be

Ok, so you're trying to tell me that air coolers must run at higher RPM, but I'm saying it doesn't AIr coolers can run at low RPM to, and as I said repeatedly, for that low rpm, you get worse temps, but end up with a more silent cooling solution for the CPU.

Were you dropped on your head as a kid? repeatedly?

If you have a water loop with 2 fans at 5v and an air cooler with 2 fans at 5v, air cooler is more quiet. How about you explain to me then, enlighten me, If both solutions are running 5v fans, just how in any way is air cooling louder.

Fucking this, a thousand times this

Why don't you explain to me then, please enlighten me, If both solutions are using 5v fans, why is air cooling louder? If anything, logically water cooling should be louder because you have the pump in addition to the fans.

miss-the-point2.jpg

You're the one missing the point, my argument was that with both solutions running equal fans at equal RPM, watercooling is louder. Or is there some magic that makes fans more quiet when attached to a radiator?

Why don't you explain to me then, please enlighten me, If both solutions are using 5v fans, why is air cooling louder? If anything, logically water cooling should be louder because you have the pump in addition to the fans.

Please refer to this

miss-the-point2.jpg

Because if you beleive anything you have said here at all, then you seriously cannot be shown logic. I'm done, you believe whatever you want, but enjoy your sub par computing experience brought on by your complete retardation.

What watercooling sollution is so completely inadequate that it has to run equal fan speeds to an air cooler?

And who the fuck runs an air cooler at 5v? If your running like the most piss weak powerpuff girls wannabe rig in the world then sure, but nobody in ever does that. Please use a half realistic argument then maybe somebody will take anything you ever say seriously. Till then just don't give people advice, cause your going to end up ruining other peoples computers.

Why wouldn't you use a fan at 5v? Fans like noctua run just fine with 5v on a giant heatsink. If you have a wimpy cooler like a hyper 212 then yea, 5v is stupid, but with large dual tower coolers, I don't see the reason not to go 5v, it runs perfectly fine and its silent.

Okay, I should have mentioned at the start that I prefer air cooling to AIO water cooling, and have no interest to build a custom loop. I don't overclock at all.

Shirokado, thanks for not stooping to IVIeLt and Marto's level. How they couldn't understand your point after repeating yourself over and over so simply that my class of preschoolers can understand is beyond me. Thanks for staying classy.

IVIeLt and Marto, what's wrong with you guys? Seriously? I followed and understood both sides, and I get that a custom water cooling loop can be quieter than an air cooler, and get better temps, while having lower fan speeds. I get that. NOBODY DISAGREES WITH YOU. The point Shirokado made (over and over and over) was that an air cooler can be more quiet than a water cooling loop when having the same fan speed AT A COST OF HAVING HIGHER TEMPS. Some of your responses to Shirokado, your insults, disgust me. Try and be decent human beings.

Water cooling has significantly better temps at any loads......

They are very quiet also....quieter than aircooled heatsink fans!!!

That actually depends.. A 120mm rad wont out-perform an nh-u14s or above.

Coolermaster V8 GTS. It's a BEAST!

cooler-master-v8-gts-main2.jpg

My vote goes for this, because it is a complete beast. I also like this: 

c01.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here