What is the Best Looking CPU Air Cooler?

I've always preferred air cooling to water cooling for noise, reliability, and just the personality and feel of them; but in terms of looks, water coolers always seem to have the edge. So my question for you is this: What are the best looking air coolers out there? Which air coolers make water coolers wet themselves?

I have a few that stick out in my mind, but I'd like to see if anybody can list something I've never heard of. Feel free to include anything not yet released, like from CES 2014 or something. Anyway, here are mine...

Prolimatech_Black_Series_Megahalems_Pic_

Prolimatech Megahalems (black edition)

Silentguide_15.JPG

Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2

3.jpg

and Cooler Master's V8 (which is probably my current favorite, especially when paired with an 8-core CPU :) )

DArk rock 2 <3

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Dark rock 2

I second this!

4894085%2B_3986780f434f11a5ea0dc94a555b7

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I've always preferred air cooling to water cooling for noise, reliability, and just the personality and feel of them; but in terms of looks, water coolers always seem to have the edge. So my question for you is this: What are the best looking air coolers out there? Which air coolers make water coolers wet themselves?

I have a few that stick out in my mind, but I'd like to see if anybody can list something I've never heard of. Feel free to include anything not yet released, like from CES 2014 or something. Anyway, here are mine...

u wot m8

watercooling is quiet

Coolermaster V8 GTS. It's a BEAST!

cooler-master-v8-gts-main2.jpg

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I had this baby on my old computer:

41XL17i1V-L._SS500_.jpg

Kept my 3GHz HT P4 ice cold. Was fairly extremely fucking loud though. (Especially since the motherboard I had didn't have any sort of fan control.)

It was like a turbine. It moved a LOT of air and it blew up into the PSU intake so it kept that nice and cool too.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Notua NH-U14s. It looks better than the NH-D14 (i just don't like dual towers) and no other fan compares to noctuas.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

u wot m8

watercooling is quiet

water cooling is quiet, but not as quiet as air cooling. if you compare a water cooling setup with noctua fans vs an air cooler with noctua fans, the air cooling will be much quieter than the custom loop(but with worse temps), the pump is the extra noise source that make it loduer.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

water cooling is quiet, but not as quiet as air cooling. if you compare a water cooling setup with noctua fans vs an air cooler with noctua fans, the air cooling will be much quieter than the custom loop(but with worse temps), the pump is the extra noise source that make it loduer.

WAT

WHERE IS THIS RESEARCH COMING FROM

uwotm8?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

360MM 45MM thick radiator will beat out a NH-D14.

Quote me to get a reply!

360MM 45MM thick radiator will beat out a NH-D14.

I never said air cooling gets better temperatures, I just said its quieter with worse temps.

I never said air cooling gets better temperatures, I just said its quieter with worse temps.

Nope, if you get 2x 360mm 60mm rads for a CPU and GPU you will be able to run it basically fanless. Also depends on the fans and rads.

Quote me to get a reply!

Congrats on being the wrongest person on all of the entire forum ever!

--snip--

And how was I wrong?

2 Fans= 2 noise sources,

watercooling setup includes a pump and how manyever fans you decide to add to it = pump + x fans = more noise sources

Nope, if you get 2x 360mm 60mm rads for a CPU and GPU you will be able to run it basically fanless. Also depends on the fans and rads.

You can go Fanless with air cooling to, so if both setups are fanless, air cooling is still quieter since watercooling requires a pump.

and the OP was talking about CPU cooler, so I was talking about CPU cooling, never mentioned GPU cooling anywhere.

Water cooling has significantly better temps at any loads......

They are very quiet also....quieter than aircooled heatsink fans!!!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

And how was I wrong?

2 Fans= 2 noise sources,

watercooling setup includes a pump and how manyever fans you decide to add to it = pump + x fans = more noise sources

more surface area means lower rpm on each fan, means lower noise. No air cooler can keep as silent or cool anywhere near as well as a custom loop, unless your running like a single 120mm rad, then it might be on par

You can go Fanless with air cooling to, so if both setups are fanless, air cooling is still quieter since watercooling requires a pump.

and the OP was talking about CPU cooler, so I was talking about CPU cooling, never mentioned GPU cooling anywhere.

Please stop. You can't compare a 360MM rad to a air cooler.

Quote me to get a reply!

Please stop. You can't compare a 360MM rad to a air cooler.

Can you stop picking out just the parts you like from my posts? Air cooling is quieter than watercooling, but it gets worse temps. Is that hard to understand? Of course watercooling loops get better temps, but you still have more noises sources, you can't compare a pump with moving parts to a chunk of aluminium. last time i checked, aluminium doesn't make noise.

more surface area means lower rpm on each fan, means lower noise. No air cooler can keep as silent or cool anywhere near as well as a custom loop, unless your running like a single 120mm rad, then it might be on par

Yes, air cooling will never beat a custom loop in temperatures, but they can beat AIO coolers(if those even count) and air coolers are still more silent than water cooling, you just get worse temps. Pretty sure you can get a NH-D14 or something and keep the fans running at around 600rpm and your CPU temps will be fine, but it will be significantly higher than a large watercooling loop(talking almost 20 degree differences between a dual tower vs quad rads with 600rpm noctua fans).

Can you stop picking out just the parts you like from my posts? Air cooling is quieter than watercooling, but it gets worse temps. Is that hard to understand? Of course watercooling loops get better temps, but you still have more noises sources, you can't compare a pump with moving parts to a chunk of aluminium. last time i checked, aluminium doesn't make noise.

Prolimatech Megahalems or Be Quiet Dark Rock 2 Pro.

Quote me to get a reply!

--snip--

Why not add an explanation then.