I made an address mistake , and it is in shipping process

Arkyo0
Go to solution Solved by Arkyo0,
2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Usually, you need to contact the SELLER, which then needs to contact shipping company.

The reason for this, else it is too easy to guess shipping tracking numbers, and have it changed to your address, and start steeling packages.

Contacted Amazon, they have helped me to check and confirmed that DHL will actually send it alright.

I ordered a Strix 2060 to Hong Kong in Amazon, but I just discovered that the shipping address is Hong Kong, China 852. And DHL has just received shipping info, stating that the parcel will be sent to BEIJING , Hong Kong , China , PEOPLE REPUBLIC.

I am afraid that the parcel will be shipped to the wrong place. Moreover, Amazon charged me Import Fee Deposit. Can I get the refund?

Many mailing services consider Hong Kong as a country instead of a city. So typically we have to select the country and city to be HK when purchasing stuff online. This time tho I seem to look over it. What can I do? Will DHL auto redirect my parcel without additional fee?

2 minutes ago, Arkyo0 said:

I ordered a product to Hong Kong , but I just discovered that the shipping address is Hong Kong, China 852. And DHL has just received shipping info, stating that the parcel will be sent to BEIJING , Hong Kong , China , PEOPLE REPUBLIC.

I am afraid that the parcel will be shipped to the wrong place. Moreover, Amazon charged me Import Fee Deposit. Can I get the refund?

Many mailing services consider Hong Kong as a country instead of a city. So typically we have to select the country and city to be HK when purchasing stuff online. This time tho I seem to look over it. What can I do? Will DHL auto redirect my parcel without additional fee?

just contact dhl i guess?

Just now, TrigrH said:

just contact dhl i guess?

I tried contacting DHL HK , but they said they can't find the waybill...

Emailed DHL US, awaiting response

Yeah, your best bet is contacting DHL.

You could try contacting Amazon as well, who knows, maybe they haven't actually shipped it out yet and just printed the shipping label.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

15 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeah, your best bet is contacting DHL.

You could try contacting Amazon as well, who knows, maybe they haven't actually shipped it out yet and just printed the shipping label.

Amazon customer support is not online

Usually, you need to contact the SELLER, which then needs to contact shipping company.

The reason for this, else it is too easy to guess shipping tracking numbers, and have it changed to your address, and start steeling packages.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Contacted Amazon, they have helped me to check and confirmed that DHL will actually send it alright.

36 minutes ago, Arkyo0 said:

Excellent

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Excellent

I was too worried, looks like DHL US just send the shipping info to DHL Beijing , because Hong Kong is a part of China, and delivering the strix from US doesn't make sense. So Amazon just grab a strix from mainland factory(I think) and ship it from Beijing to DHL HK

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

The seller doesn't have any more information than the buyer does. Though, its still good to contact the seller about it.

edit; well, besides knowing what the package looks like I guess.

As long as Hong Kong is in the address it should get delivered to the right place.