DARK ROCK PRO 4 without the front 120mm fan

Keslo

Hello, just wanted to ask: what's the temperature difference with the dark rock pro 4 WITHOUT the 120mm fan at the front, with only the 135mm in the middle? Benchmarks or similar reviews would be appreciated! This is not my PC, just an example.

245390.bf3c067fcf7300ac879af00999787b4c.

3 minutes ago, Keslo said:

Hello, just wanted to ask: what's the temperature difference with the dark rock pro 4 WITHOUT the 120mm fan at the front, with only the 135mm in the middle? Benchmarks or similar reviews would be appreciated! This is not my PC, just an example.

Depends on case airflow and multiple factors, why would u want to do this?

25 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

why would u want to do this?

My guess is that he wants the RAM to be visible

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

Exactly, I have RGB Ram. The case is H500 with these fans - LL120 white and LL140 as exhaust, and two NF-A14 chromax fans as intake.

If you decided to use a big tower cooler, don't bother to get RGB RAM modules, they can't get along well together.

The Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is the only big tower air cooler that doesn't overhang the RAM at all right out of the box..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

17 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

If you decided to use a big tower cooler, don't bother to get RGB RAM modules, they can't get along well together.

The Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is the only big tower air cooler that doesn't overhang the RAM at all right out of the box..

I think I nicely asked some benchmarks and temps, not another cooler.

Nvm, just checked, this cooler is a beast! But it isn't available in my region : (

Kyle from BitWit has a video on this, called something along the lines of "Can the DR4 PRO be used passively?" .. There was a slight increase in temps but not enough to stop me from removing the front fan 

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

2 hours ago, Keslo said:

Nvm, just checked, this cooler is a beast! But it isn't available in my region : (

Which country?