Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s.sakel

Any suggestions for good quality DP cable ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a Dell S2719DGF. After reading through various articles i found out that it can overclock to 155Hz but only with DisplayPort, which is not included in the box.

I ordered a DP cable from the same shop, a Roline S3691-100, but the screen flickers at 155Hz/144Hz and the audio cuts out when this happens (headphones are connected to the monitor audio pass-through).

After i switched to the provided HDMI from Dell, the issue went away.

So what brand do you suggest for a high quality DP cable ?

I've read around here that the quality doesn't really matter because the signal is digital and it either reaches its destination or it doesn't, but apparently it does matter. (maybe because it's 144/155 hz ? )

Thanks

5 minutes ago, s.sakel said:

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a Dell S2719DGF. After reading through various articles i found out that it can overclock to 155Hz but only with DisplayPort, which is not included in the box.

I ordered a DP cable from the same shop, a Roline S3691-100, but the screen flickers at 155Hz/144Hz and the audio cuts out when this happens (headphones are connected to the monitor audio pass-through).

I've read around here that the quality doesn't really matter because the signal is digital and it either reaches its destination or it doesn't, but apparently it does matter. (maybe because it's 144/155 hz ? )

Thanks

Any DP 1.4 cable would be fine.  For a good one you will be spending about 15 dollars or so.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4608 @ 1.456v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 & HD 4.50BT SE / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

Any DP 1.4 cable would be fine.  For a good one you will be spending about 15 dollars or so.

I was under the impression that DP cables don't have versions ? Anyway, the Roline one was ~9 bucks.

10 hours ago, s.sakel said:

Hello guys,

Thanks

Use one of the cables listed here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DP