PC Advice

boooysti

New build plan:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 

ASRock MicroATX Motherboard (B450M-HDV)

Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4

FSP ATX Mid Tower PC Computer Gaming Case

Corsair CX Series 450 Watt 80 Plus (non-modular)

Silicon Power 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache

Thoughts? Ideas for changes?

I don't know how much the ASRock board cost for you, I would recommend MSI if you can buy one of their B450 board at nearly the same price.

And you didn't provide the speed of the RAM you want to get, RAM speed can affect the performance of Ryzen apu a lot, buy the 3000 kit if you can, and maybe tighten the sub-timing later to get the most juice out from it.

27 minutes ago, boooysti said:

ASRock MicroATX Motherboard (B450M-HDV)

hmmm. matx on budget build, get 450m pro4 at least

I'd prefer itx or full atx for upgrades

(if you add wifi card cost to mobo, itx boards arent that expensive)

12 minutes ago, xxEMOxx said:

whats your goal, whats your budget?

Cheap under 600$

14 minutes ago, Type 2501 said:

I don't know how much the ASRock board cost for you, I would recommend MSI if you can buy one of their B450 board at nearly the same price.

And you didn't provide the speed of the RAM you want to get, RAM speed can affect the performance of Ryzen apu a lot, buy the 3000 kit if you can, and maybe tighten the sub-timing later to get the most juice out from it.

Its 3200, also the motherboard i just know works with the build well so idk how compatible others are

12 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

hmmm. matx on budget build, get 450m pro4 at least

I'd prefer itx or full atx for upgrades

(if you add wifi card cost to mobo, itx boards arent that expensive)

Its out of stock. I was trying to do only from amazon and not from multiple stores

sadly your not going to get the best bang for buck on amazon, plus you just missed the 2600 for $149 over the weekend, hence why all the pro4s are prob gone atm.

if you look into my first post on here its a build log for $648 and some change that its extremely well specced out, but has to buy from newegg and amazon.

Just get a better psu then i list in the first build chart!

You will also be much much happier with a 2600 and a rx580 then an apu unit, and if you insist on an apu unit, get a 2400g.

2 minutes ago, xxEMOxx said:

sadly your not going to get the best bang for buck on amazon, plus you just missed the 2600 for $149 over the weekend, hence why all the pro4s are prob gone atm.

if you look into my first post on here its a build log for $648 and some change that its extremely well specced out, but has to buy from newegg and amazon.

Just get a better psu then i list in the first build chart!

The motherboards are sold out on all links. Also its not so much as bang for my buck as it is convenience. Im willing to spend an extra 15$ for amazon prices for a 500$ build then try to pick and choose every single site. I personally am a little paranoid and prefer not to put out my card on alot of websites.

Also still trying to maintain at least under 550$ since this is just a second PC for me to use strictly for audio editing and maybe fortnite when other people hang out

Damn apparently there was a run on those boards in the last day literally damn amazon their $150 2600....... guess ill have to wait a few days now, cause as of 2 hours ago it was in stock at newegg but apparently not anymore.

12 minutes ago, xxEMOxx said:

Damn apparently there was a run on those boards in the last day literally damn amazon their $150 2600....... guess ill have to wait a few days now, cause as of 2 hours ago it was in stock at newegg but apparently not anymore.

Yeah things like that suck. For the past two days ive been trying find the perfect part list and when i finally think I do.... “Product Out Of Stock”. And I have to start again

Well Monday was a holiday in the states so that can also slow shipping for large logistics companies not to mention usps, but that aside, it always tends to be a hunt for whats in stock at a given time, i have had this occur with ram more times then i care to count.

Just be vigilant and keep your eyes open, or set email notifications, things are bound to pop up.

the MSI B450M PRO-VDH AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI AMD Motherboard is in stock atm and is a decent board for the money.

3 minutes ago, xxEMOxx said:

the MSI B450M PRO-VDH AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI AMD Motherboard is in stock atm and is a decent board for the money.

Same price actually as the one i originally posted

16 minutes ago, boooysti said:

From amazon yes, its $15 cheaper at new egg, although the pro4 and the msi are better boards then the base model asrock b450m-hdv infact i just went through this exact issue yesterday on my build link.

11 hours ago, xxEMOxx said:

From amazon yes, its $15 cheaper at new egg, although the pro4 and the msi are better boards then the base model asrock b450m-hdv infact i just went through this exact issue yesterday on my build link.

This is going to be a really stupid question but will I need an IO shield? I really understand all the major parts I need but little things like wiring and specific hardware I get confused about

2 hours ago, boooysti said:

This is going to be a really stupid question but will I need an IO shield? I really understand all the major parts I need but little things like wiring and specific hardware I get confused about

IO shields come with any new bought board, and the protect from dust, seal the case, and tell you where a given componet is.  Now do you need one........ Ummmm not completely, if you have ever seen someone run their rig on a test bench most do not run an IO although it does help for the looks of the board in the case.

32 minutes ago, xxEMOxx said:

IO shields come with any new bought board, and the protect from dust, seal the case, and tell you where a given componet is.  Now do you need one........ Ummmm not completely, if you have ever seen someone run their rig on a test bench most do not run an IO although it does help for the looks of the board in the case.

I ended up getting the board you recommended new. Just gotta wait till Friday to start getting it assembled

2 hours ago, boooysti said:

I ended up getting the board you recommended new. Just gotta wait till Friday to start getting it assembled

Lucky you, before i could finish the checkout on newegg to get the pro4 and finish my friends system it was sold out yet again :(   Which board did you end up, the MSI or the AsRock?

I am currently looking at dropping $10 and getting my friend the Steel Legend AsRock Pro4 now

5 hours ago, xxEMOxx said:

Lucky you, before i could finish the checkout on newegg to get the pro4 and finish my friends system it was sold out yet again :(   Which board did you end up, the MSI or the AsRock?

I am currently looking at dropping $10 and getting my friend the Steel Legend AsRock Pro4 now

I got the MSI from Amazon

22 hours ago, boooysti said:

Lucky you cause that board via amazon is now also sold out with a 1-3 month delivery window atm..... which is what prevented me from getting it as well, so not I have an AsRock steel legend coming, i just hope its as good or better then the pro4 but since its a new release time will tell.