New Motherboard

ThyAlex

Hi guys, i am currently looking for a new motherboard i am ready to buy one, but i just don't know which MB is compatible with a I7-8700k. I have a pretty basic MB Right now from a pre-built cyber power PC i got last year and so far i have done multiple upgrades to my PC. now the last parts i need is new ram and a Motherboard. I am currently looking into the MSI Meg Z390 Godlike MB and The MSI MEG Z390 ACE (leaning towards the ACE more right now). Do you guys know if these are compatible with my Core i7-8700K Processor. And which is best for heavy gaming.

I would also appreciate it if you guys can recommend me any other brands similar to these 2 in price. I plan to overclock my CPU and GPU. 

Z390 godlike- $566 amazon

Z390 ACE- $270 newegg

MSI-Z390-ACE-1.png

godlike.png

The Z390 Ace is very nice. I think the Godlike is a little over the top, but if you have the money and like the board, why not. I personally would choose the Gigabyte Aorus Master.

2018100517194998_big.png.fa52da5163a8d39161a879845a4a6ff1.png

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Thats way overpriced motherboard.

Makes almost if no difference on gaming, maybe some small performance differences but not worth those prices.

A mid range Z390 like the Extreme 4 would to fine, unless you really need all the extra features and tons of port's that probably you won't use.

ooooohh okay fine i'm narrowing down to the msi z390 ace and the gigabyte z390 Aorus Master.

Now are these 2 boards compatible with my core i7-8700k ?

Just now, ThyAlex said:

ooooohh okay fine i'm narrowing down to the msi z390 ace and the gigabyte z390 Aorus Master.

Yes they are. Get whichever you like, they're both beautiful boards. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 minutes ago, ThyAlex said:

both are, but the aorus master (or even the ultra, pro and elite) have good enough vrms to run even a 9900k down the line, so that would be a reason for me to step to gigabyte aorus in general

The gigabyte aorus master it was guys saw a gamer nexus vid and i liked what i heard thanks again guys!

Gigabyte Aorus is the way to go, also look at hardware unboxed, it is some of the best VRM setup for the platform. 

Gigabyte and MSI for the VRM, well it is not a 9900k you are running, but i like running low temps on Motherboard, i run the old z platform on my 8700k the old Z270 strix when asus ran okay VRM´s actually happy with that board. 

I'd also concider EVGA Mainboards like the EVGA Z390 FTW. While those don't have many of those fancy bling features they have good features where they actually matter like the VRM components, cooling capability and an easy to work with BIOS without the bugs some other manufacturers like MSI and Gigabyte often bring to the table. ASUS is also appearently very good in terms of BIOS but their VRM design isn't that great. Learning the intricacies and circumventing the bugs of my own Gigabyte Z97 Mainboard was a real pain and one I propably don't want to experience a second time when I upgrade to something new.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

This ASUS board is appearently also an excellent choise - at least according to Buildzoid who is the authority to go with when it comes to mainboard evaluations:

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit