Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moms Tuna Fish Sandwich

Mircosoft Word Launches after Startup in a New Document

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

After the most recent Windows 10 updates (I believe that they were minor security patches) Microsoft Word (through office 365) will greet me with a brand new document open and ready to go immediately after I boot up my Lenovo Ideapad 330-15ARR laptop. I am a college student that uses word a fair amount, but i find this to be rather annoying every time I boot up my laptop. I have gone through Word's settings and windows settings, where I have not found Word Listed as a program that will run at boot. Has anyone had this issue as well and found a fix? 

Thanks,

-Tanner

Have you checked task manager startup or windows admin tools services?

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Maybe this will help. If not, wait for an update as author suggests

Quote from Doug Robbins

It seems that for some people, a Windows update somehow corrupted the user profile. Logging in with a different profile is a workaround and sometimes even solves the problem with the original profile, but the fix will come in a future update that some Windows 10 users have already received.

Make sure that your Windows and Office installations are up to date.

Making the web a better place for everyone.

Why do you have so much crap enabled in startup??

Also, go look at the windows admin tools.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why do you have so much crap enabled in startup??

Also, go look at the windows admin tools.

It would appear that all of my Office apps were updated the same day as the last windows update for my laptop. After having reverted Word back to the prior version and rebooting the laptop, It stopped opening after boot-up. I have now updated Word again and it started opening up again after booting up. I think that I will be contacting Microsoft support about this one!

31 minutes ago, Moms Tuna Fish Sandwich said:

It would appear that all of my Office apps were updated the same day as the last windows update for my laptop. After having reverted Word back to the prior version and rebooting the laptop, It stopped opening after boot-up. I have now updated Word again and it started opening up again after booting up. I think that I will be contacting Microsoft support about this one!

Or just disable the startup process in windows admin tools........

Spoiler

Do you have it still open before you restart or shutdown your computer?

If so you can go to Sign-In option is Settings and toggle some option that has to do with open previously opened apps.