Monitor Goes Into Power Save Mode On POST

Ashiok

Hi All,

I just picked up a used ASUS CG5275 and put in my GTX 1060 3GB. However on POST the monitor just goes into power save mode. I have put the hdmi cord into the motherboard, doesnt work, into the graphics card, doesn't work. I have tried booting windows 10 from my ssd, doesn't work, I have tried booting windows 7 from the hard drive it came with, doesn't work. Anyone know the solution?

6 minutes ago, Ashiok said:

Hi All,

I just picked up a used ASUS CG5275 and put in my GTX 1060 3GB. However on POST the monitor just goes into power save mode. I have put the hdmi cord into the motherboard, doesnt work, into the graphics card, doesn't work. I have tried booting windows 10 from my ssd, doesn't work, I have tried booting windows 7 from the hard drive it came with, doesn't work. Anyone know the solution?

Take off the card and reinsert  it, make sure its well connected and ALSO that the power connectors are connected (6pins or 8pins depending on your card I think ?) and by the way when you have a graphic card installed in your computer, always connect the HDMI or DP or VGA into the graphics card and not the motherboard !

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync