Dell Precision T5600

So. I've bought this motherboard and have successfully built an entire system around it in a Deepcool Matrexx 55.

I've not been able to find where the power, reset, and hdd connectors go.

Can anyone help me out here?

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

6 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

So. I've bought this motherboard and have successfully built an entire system around it in a Deepcool Matrexx 55.

I've not been able to find where the power, reset, and hdd connectors go.

Can anyone help me out here?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/624298/Dell-Precision-T5600.html

That might help you out

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

40 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I've looked at this one, and it's not really direct on where they go.

You know the modern Precision line uses a specialized connector right? Pain in the butt. Combination of what looks like USB3 with audio and power button.

Still digging around, give me a few

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

You know the modern Precision line uses a specialized connector right? Pain in the butt. Combination of what looks like USB3 with audio and power button.

Still digging around, give me a few

Alrighty, thank you, let me know if you find anything.

( / . _ . / )

7 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Alrighty, thank you, let me know if you find anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/6cbggo/bought_a_precision_t3600_mobo_and_have_some/

Not looking that good for you, might have to pony up for the custom power button panel

The alternative, if you are feeling brave, is the old flatblade screwdriver trick to short two pins, until you find the pair that powers things on

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

The alternative, if you are feeling brave, is the old flatblade screwdriver trick to short two pins, until you find the pair that powers things on

I was thinking of that, is it.. safe for the board to do this? I don't want to kill it.

( / . _ . / )

43 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I was thinking of that, is it.. safe for the board to do this? I don't want to kill it.

I've done it plenty of times on generic boards, but not so much with a Precision. I think it'd be safer to buy the custom part to turn it on with.

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've done it plenty of times on generic boards, but not so much with a Precision. I think it'd be safer to buy the custom part to turn it on with.

Okay, I'll look into getting that card thing, is there anything special I have to do with the PSU?

( / . _ . / )

23 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Okay, I'll look into getting that card thing, is there anything special I have to do with the PSU?

I assume you've look at this?

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/dual-e5-2680-build/105089

The pinout on the 24pin power supply looks non-standard...

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I assume you've look at this?

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/dual-e5-2680-build/105089

The pinout on the 24pin power supply looks non-standard...

I have, but what would I have to change?

im kinda dumb, I just realized that I have to take pins out and switch them, okay.

How would I connect the front panel I/O connector? It looks the same than the one on the board, people are saying that you can jump some of the pins to start it.

Edited by GabeThePCHelper

( / . _ . / )

2 hours ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I have, but what would I have to change?

im kinda dumb, I just realized that I have to take pins out and switch them, okay.

How would I connect the front panel I/O connector? It looks the same than the one on the board, people are saying that you can jump some of the pins to start it.

This is the part you need

https://www.refreshedelectronics.com/product/dell-precision-t5600-io-front-panel-power-switch-cable-tfwn2-kfp99/

You *can* short the pins on the motherboard, that's the screwdriver trick, but I don't know which pins, and since the motherboard has proven to be non-standard, who knows what will happen, from nothing, to powering up, to damaging the board, and you don't want that

45 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

This is the part you need

https://www.refreshedelectronics.com/product/dell-precision-t5600-io-front-panel-power-switch-cable-tfwn2-kfp99/

You *can* short the pins on the motherboard, that's the screwdriver trick, but I don't know which pins, and since the motherboard has proven to be non-standard, who knows what will happen, from nothing, to powering up, to damaging the board, and you don't want that

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate all of the help!

( / . _ . / )

2 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate all of the help!

Any time. And before you start moving the pins around for the ATX power, please ensure that's a needed thing. Getting that wrong *will* toast your motherboard!