Soldering a heat spreader to a heat sink

if you delid a cpu and then solder the heat spreader to a heat sink would it improve cooling enough to make it worth doing? i only say take off the heat spreader because i read something that said the cpu would break because of the heat from the thing you solder with (i don't know what its called)

1 minute ago, Mename C said:

if you delid a cpu and then solder the heat spreader to a heat sink would it improve cooling enough to make it worth doing? i only say take off the heat spreader because i read something that said the cpu would break because of the heat from the thing you solder with (i don't know what its called)

Theoretically speaking it would be better but then you still would have a thermal interface material between the CPU die and IHS. If you wanted to do something extreme you could just use liquid metal on both the delidded CPU and the IHS to the cooler to maximize the thermal transfer between the layers. 

It would make a little bit of a diffrence ig, but I reallt dont think doing it would be worht the hassle to install or unintall your cpu when its mounted like that. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

Theoretically speaking it would be better but then you still would have a thermal interface material between the CPU die and IHS. If you wanted to do something extreme you could just use liquid metal on both the delidded CPU and the IHS to the cooler to maximize the thermal transfer between the layers. 

At this point why not just mount the heatsink directly to the die?

3 hours ago, Mename C said:

if you delid a cpu and then solder the heat spreader to a heat sink would it improve cooling enough to make it worth doing?

not sure what you want to ask exactly,  But you can think of soldering and apply liquid metal is the same, except for one is in liquid form and the other is solid metal