ENERMAX Unleashes the Beastly MAXREVO 1800W Power Supply

Jesus some hanging onto how I called a damn circuit breaker like orangutans on bananas. Chill out ffs. I'll just call them varovalke and then scratch your heads.

7 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Jay from "JayzTwoCents" and Steve from "Gamers Nexus" need to get one of these for testing and review, especially for when doing extreme overclocking. 

Did they pull out their old design and pushed it to 1800W??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

IIRC in the UK, we have circuit breakers, usually these are a "per room£ breaker, but for bigger items (electric ovens, boilers and such) they have their own breaker, usually these are rated for higher amperage too... we also have separate circuits for lower amperage things, like bathroom extractor fans.  Fuses are found in most appliances "plugs" that go into the outlet/socket, and the fuse is rated for the intended purpose, so that it would trip to help prevent damage/fires...our supply is 240Vac.

In the UK you have fuses in the Plugs...

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Did they pull out their old design and pushed it to 1800W??

Sorry not necessarily sure I understand what you are saying. But based on what you quoted, I'll try to answer you.

They were trying to beat records on 3DMark using crazy setups with super high overclocks on 18-Core CPUs (5.0+ GHz) with dual 2080 Ti's in SLI or more recently RTX Titans in SLI. Coupled with overkill cooling setups using LN2, Dry Ice, Ice Baths, Sub-ambient watercooling etc. In doing so they were pushing the volts and because of the setups had to use two power supplies to get everything to work properly.

2 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Sorry not necessarily sure I understand what you are saying. But based on what you quoted, I'll try to answer you.

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=43&no=473

Based on that:

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=43&no=159

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=43&no=158

7 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Jay from "JayzTwoCents" and Steve from "Gamers Nexus" need to get one of these for testing and review, especially for when doing extreme overclocking. 

you mean Jonny, Have yet to see anyone come close to him in terms of PSU reviews.

18 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Ah, I see what you're saying. Not sure maybe this one perhaps, only 100w less than the model in OP:

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=1&lv1=52&no=318

18 minutes ago, Blake said:

you mean Jonny, Have yet to see anyone come close to him in terms of PSU reviews.

Yeah, if you read through the thread many are in agreement that JonnyGURU would be more fitting, but if you also read through you will see why I chose those two (do to their recent Extreme Overclocking escapades). 

2 minutes ago, Blake said:

Are you referring to the website or the person? As you link the website but refer to it as "him"?
@jonnyGURU (the person) no longer does PSU reviews for JonnyGuru.com, and hasn't done for several years. I believe reviews are mostly handled by OklahomaWolf at Jonnyguru.com these days.

The reviews by Aris Mpitziopoulos are quite informative, you'll find most if not all the PSU reviews on Tom's Hardware website were done by him.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

That's due to the spike that microwaves have when the magnetron kicks on. The draw spike is typically high enough to kick a 15amp breaker if anything else is running on that circuit. That's why they recommend installing them on a dedicated circuit.

Laughs in Uk Power Grid. Seriously if we had anything much other than electrical cookers that acted like that there would be hell to pay. Heck a quick bit of research indicates our kettles individually draw more continuous power, (3kw+ for larger fast boil models), than most microwaves do peak.

Then again we really love our tea. National Grid has to be pretty reinforced to handle the loads we can put on it somtimes because of that.

1 minute ago, CarlBar said:

Laughs in Uk Power Grid. Seriously if we had anything much other than electrical cookers that acted like that there would be hell to pay. Heck a quick bit of research indicates our kettles individually draw more continuous power, (3kw+ for larger fast boil models), than most microwaves do peak.

Then again we really love our tea. National Grid has to be pretty reinforced to handle the loads we can put on it somtimes because of that.

We have the availability to run 220, we have both "120" and "220" supplied to residential properties. Voltage isn't as large of deal as people make it out to be. If someone needs it, it's available. Most just choose not to run 220v circuits throughout their house and only for devices that require it. For example I have a dedicated 220 circuits for my workstation, welder, compressor, drill press, table saw. So on and so forth. I could install 220 for a coffee pot, but it isn't going to make it any quicker.

This is a conversation for another topic though.

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Are you referring to the website or the person? As you link the website but refer to it as "him"?
@jonnyGURU (the person) no longer does PSU reviews for JonnyGuru.com, and hasn't done for several years. I believe reviews are mostly handled by OklahomaWolf at Jonnyguru.com these days.

The reviews by Aris Mpitziopoulos are quite informative, you'll find most if not all the PSU reviews on Tom's Hardware website were done by him.

OklohomaWolf retired in November of 2018 so it's just Tazz at this point.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

10 hours ago, BuckGup said:

You are going to blow breakers in most typical houses unless it's wired for 20 amps or higher lol

Run that thing at full power in older houses and you'll do more than blow the breaker.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

We have the availability to run 220, we have both "120" and "220" supplied to residential properties. Voltage isn't as large of deal as people make it out to be. If someone needs it, it's available. Most just choose not to run 220v circuits throughout their house and only for devices that require it. For example I have a dedicated 220 circuits for my workstation, welder, compressor, drill press, table saw. So on and so forth. I could install 220 for a coffee pot, but it isn't going to make it any quicker.

This is a conversation for another topic though.

I was commenting more on how our power systems are engineered so we never even have to consider somthing like that. I wasn't trying to make a better worse thing.

This is probably worth watching to give you an idea of how overengineered our grid is, (and why):

3 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Ah, I see what you're saying. Not sure maybe this one perhaps, only 100w less than the model in OP:

Yes and the Rail Distribution is freacking insane bullshit.

Whoever designed that PCB had no clue what the heck they were doing...

Its just awful and an incarnation of the worst shit you can do with Multi Rail...

One Rail is wasted for the ATX Connector. WHY???

One for the CPU (OK...)

The rest is shared.

12V4 with 3 Drive Connectors

12V6 with the other 3 Drive Connectors

12V3 and 5 have both TWO 12pin Connectors...

That is just bad...

16 hours ago, BuckGup said:

You are going to blow breakers in most typical houses unless it's wired for 20 amps or higher lol

Was just thinking that! My little place here in the midlands of Ireland has brownouts in some storms, and winter.
I can't imagine running that with a system that can push over 1600W.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

10 hours ago, CarlBar said:

>over built power grid cos "muh tea"

Kek.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

28 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>over built power grid cos "muh tea"

Kek.

Even though i'm not a big tea drinker myself it allways amused me too. It's why i enjoy opportunities to link to it. It's just inherently funny.

As an aside the Challenger 2 is the only MBT in the word with a built in kettle.

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

In the UK you have fuses in the Plugs...

Yep, already said that in the post you quoted.

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Fuses are found in most appliances "plugs"

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Ugh, molex in <current year> ?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

they banking on another mining craze?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

Ugh, molex in <current year> ?

Most, if not all, water pumps for custom loops use molex. It can delivery more power than SATA.

I guess an 1800W PSU is just LN2 overclockers? Anything else needing that kind of power probably lives in a rack mount case.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

Most, if not all, water pumps for custom loops use molex. It can delivery more power than SATA.

I guess an 1800W PSU is just LN2 overclockers? Anything else needing that kind of power probably lives in a rack mount case.

I guess... you probably don't need 6 though, and you could easily adapt them from PCIe connectors.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

An 1800W PSU, and not for dual system/1PSU configs? Wat tu hecc Enermax.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは