YouTube changes it's Community Guidelines strike system

STEMgrh
6 hours ago, Shortbread said:

These are changes to Community Guidelines Strikes, and NOT Copyright Strikes. Community guidelines strikes and copyright strikes are completely separate and don't overlap. You DO NOT receive community guidelines strikes for uploading copyright content, and you do not receive copyright strikes for breaking the rules. Community guidelines strikes are for when you break the rules unrelated to uploading copyrighted content. Like uploading a video of a dead body in a forest in Japan, for a totally made up from the top of my head example.

They even explain this in the article that was originally linked!:

Come on guys, please don't spread this kind of misinformation.

Ah, thanks. Someone needs to change the thread title!!!

They still need to penalize the people who are doing these false content/copyright claims otherwise people will continue to do it.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I hope whatever revisions they've made help the current crisis many Youtubers are experiencing. 

But mostly, the Verge used to be such a good source of technology news, they used to be really reputable.  Now they've just been thrown into the dump, and I understand what's happened and I understand why.  It just surprises me that I've not been on the forum in about 2 years and I returned and back then the Verge was considered a really good source, and now it's considered an abhorrent one. 

Shame they ruined their reputation. 

On 2/19/2019 at 6:45 PM, VegetableStu said:

wait there's a section regarding copyright in that link o_o what's the difference between that and copyright strikes and contentID claims?

There's no mention of copyright at all in the blogpost, only about community guideline strikes.

Community guideline strikes are strikes made against an account for breach of the community guidelines, which is a set of rules that accounts must follow in order to post content. These strikes are typically only made after it has been reported by users for breaking the CG. Like posting a video that encourages others to attack someone. The biggest issue with community guideline strikes is that they are not applied equally. Users with a certain political standing (those in the progressive camp) or those who are youtube's golden boys (most vine vloggers and similar) can basically do what ever they want, break as many of the community guidelines as they want, and have nothing happen to them on the whole. There are countless videos from such people that break the CG and have nothing done, even when mass outrage brings it to youtubes attention they just sweep it under the rug and give the people a slap on the wrist at most.

Copyright and contentID strikes are strikes against a user for uploading content that is believed to be in violation of copyright holders' rights to their owned work. Like re-uploading a movie or a whole video from any other creator. The biggest issue with ContentID and Copyright strikes are their blatant abuse and overuse on youtube. There are absolutely, and unequivocally no repercussions to filing false copyright claims on youtubes end. Youtube does nothing to fight back against copyright claims made falsely, which leads to groups claiming to represent copyright holders abusing the system and false-flagging content en-masse to make a quick dollar off other's work. ContentID claims are entirely automated, and being controlled by an algorithm that can only do so much, so it obviously sends out false flags on content all the time.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

This is a horrible system, 1 week of no uploads is gonna cripple some channels. Every strike should be reviewed before approval. People's life depend on it. Stop trying to make this a automatic process and start hiring some people to check copy right strikes, stop trying to implement your shitty ai because it clearly is not working.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, seragnn43 said:

But the old system worked so well...

But the old thread was so dead?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.