2 Audio options

SHG_Marsh

I want to have speakers and headphones. I have both but I want them to both be connected to my pc. I want to be able to game with my headphones on and do productive stuff with my speakers. Can I do this without buying mixer?

19 minutes ago, SHG_Marsh said:

I want to have speakers and headphones. I have both but I want them to both be connected to my pc. I want to be able to game with my headphones on and do productive stuff with my speakers. Can I do this without buying mixer?

your PC probably already has an Audio jack from the back for speakers, and an audio jack from the front of the case for Headphones.

don't really know what you currently have so i'm not sure how to help

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

also to my knowledge, you can assign any audio jack from the rear of your PC to be Audio out/Headphones, even if it's labeled as "microphone", and almost all motherboards have 3+ audio jacks from the back.

Just now, syn2112 said:

also to my knowledge, you can assign any audio jack from the rear of your PC to be Audio out/Headphones, even if it's labeled as "microphone", and almost all motherboards have 3+ audio jacks from the back.

I have a blue audio jack and I just plugged in a speaker and I am testing it now

Just now, SHG_Marsh said:

I have a blue audio jack and I just plugged in a speaker and I am testing it now

Blue i think is a Center Speaker by default, but find out how to change it to "Front Speaker" or "Headphones"

3 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

Blue i think is a Center Speaker by default, but find out how to change it to "Front Speaker" or "Headphones"

Im in my sound settings and I don't see my speaker. I was able to switch between them both when my headphone were plugged in the front and the speaker in the back. But I want them both in the back (Cable management)

If you audio device has ability to switch between front and rear jacks, then yes. Meaning that Windows/OS sees them as individual devices.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You'll have to plug your headphones in the front jack. Then you can switch between output sources through Windows' volume icon (assuming Windows). I do this as well.

From the rear audio jacks you can only use the green ones for headphones AFAIK. The blue one is line in, pink is for microphone and the other three are for center, side and rear speakers.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB