What are some of the best LAN/couch games with these features?

Fluvous

Hello! I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out some of the games that I can play with my friends at a party, but I haven't been finding many that appeal to my friends. What are some of your favorite LAN/couch games to play with your friends? 

Ideally I'm looking for 4+ local player games. These are a little easier to browse thanks to steam. However, a game that locally supports two+ players while being able to connect to another system of two+ players would also work, and opens up some more doors. I don't necessarily need a full list, just some favorites.

On a side note, can anyone think of a fun little local game my girlfriend and I can play when she comes over? it can't be too mechanically difficult, and ideally have controller support.

I used gang beasts for 8 players at my last "party," but people soon got bored (understandably).

I've even considered buying another xbox 360 or two, and connecting them for 4 v 4 versus mode, but this is obviously costly.

If you have any other ideas for a fun LAN/couch set up let me know :) I'm not fully set on a PC exclusive party.

Thanks for helping!

Smash

halo 1, 2, 3

do you really need more games? 

Gears of war 1, 2, 3

castle crashers

counter strike 

DayZ/rust/survival game

fortnite

No more room in hell (now has steam workshop) 

Left 4 dead

Overcooked, Rocket League, Gang Beasts, Trine1&2, any Worms game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv