Corsair Crystal 570X Enthusiast Gaming/Editing Build

Welcome to...

... my latest Build in the gorgeous Corsair Crystal 570X!
Consider checking out the
 BUILD VIDEO to see the whole thing coming together!

Click the Picture to see the Build Timelapse

It's a Corsair themed Build featuring an overclocked Ryzen 7 2700 @ 3.9GHz and a Zotac RTX 2070 AMP Edition. The Budget was around 1600 $.

More pictures and a quick Firestrike/TimeSpy test can be found on PCPartPicker.

I unfortunately didn't have enough time with the system to do some game testing. It's mostly going to be used for 1440p gaming, some video and audio editing and won't see any higher clocks than now in it's lifetime.

I did this build for a friend of mine, so please don't congratulate me on my new PC, I'll get a depression.

Here is my quick take on the Parts and why I chose them!:

Corsair Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower: DE US UK 

Spoiler

...a case that has tempered glas panels to every single side and therefore offers a 360° view on your Components, Fans and especially Cable Management.

But because this is a beauty that bites (ugh, like my Girlfriend) here are my conflicted views on it.

At 160$ i reckon the price is quite fair for a case of that size and looks. Even though some Parts connecting the panels at the edges, the Case has quite a quality look to it. From the outside at least.

But that's where it ends.

1. The Cable Management, for a full view case is simply idiotic, the whole thing seems rushed.

2. You have to buy an extra part to completely close the PSU Shroud, so if you order the case only, you can simply look through the PSU Shroud.

3. The Backside doesn't have enough latches to wire the cables to, and there are no holes directly beneath the Mainboard to feed the I/O cables through. It's simply stupid.

4. There is not enough clearing space at the top for a 240mm Radiator with most RAM Module or VRM Heatsinks.

5. You really need a Modular PSU, or you will drown in cables that will annoy the shit out of you and still might be visible in the end, because there's nowhere to properly tuck them away.

Yes it is a great looking Case. You really can make it look good, I think I did. But it simply takes WAY TO MUCH WORK TO DO SO.

I wished Corsair would do something about this. It's a joke that they change the manufacturing process, drill extra holes for the PSU Shroud Cover, but don't deliver the cover with the case, and don't even notify you about it's existence!

Still, if you are up for a bit of a CM-Challenge give it a shot!

I wouldn't recommend it for any super high performance purposes though, Airflow is "meh" and It's still open, and therefore noisier than it has to be.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700: DE US UK IMG_0572.thumb.JPG.4ddbf9a1780e4627ea480a2c313cecee.JPG
I haven't done an Intel Build for quite some time, and I really wanted to... But considering that this Build isn't only meant to be used for gaming, but for some Video/Audio Editing as well I choose the R7 2700 and clocked it to 3.9 GHz. I think I don't have to say much about it, its perfect for the build and offers amazing bang for the Buck as well as cheaper Mobos than Intel.

Corsair H60 (2018) 120mm Liquid Cooler: DE US UK 

The Build was supposed to be watercooled, simply for aesthetic reasons, but the Budget was already a bit flexed. That's were the H60 2018 Revision came in more than handy. At 60$ you're paying paying pretty much the same price as for a Dark Rock 4, even though it might not match it in performance with its tiny 120mm Radiator, it's still performing incredibly well and silent. IMO it was quite a good choice, because I would have run into clearance Issues, trying to install a 240mm Radiator at the top of the case.

Asus ROG STRIX B450-F: DE US UK IMAG1469.thumb.jpg.fdee9e7f46b0f920e0259fc6952b803f.jpg
I love the Asus Strix boards. I love their design, their build quality, their BIOS and the amount of features they offer for the money. At 120 Bucks you get a X470 looking board, without giving up anything. Especially the pre-mounted back I/O is a small but great touch.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3000MHz: DE US UK 
What can I say. Corsair makes good and reliable RAM, and the Vengeance RGB Pro simply looks AMAZING. You have to see it in person to appreciate how beautiful this piece of tech is.

Samsung 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 SSD: DE US UK 
Quick NVME SSD, not much to say, quicker and cleaner looking than most M.2, you could of course safe some money here if you wanted.

Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM: DE US UK
Some space.

Zotac RTX 2070 AMP Edition: DE US UK
This was my first time, using a Zotac Card and I was really looking forward to it. I always thought they looked great and seemed to perform really well. TBH I was a bit disappointed in it. It performed great and stayed quite cool, even with only the Dual Fan Design, but the whole card looked and felt cheaper than I thought it would.

be quiet! Pure Power 10 CM 600W: DE US alternative UK 
My go to PSU. They have incredible reliability, peak quality, run extremely silent and have great cables.

Corsair SP120 RGB: DE - UK 
At last I got one additional Fan of the ones that are pre-installed in the 570X. They look good, run really silent, especially considering that the Case is OPEN, but are not quite as beautiful as the ML/LL 120/140 RGB Series fans, IF you can spare some more I'd really exchange the SPs for those

Overall I love how this build turned out. It was quite a lot of work but it's so, so beautiful.

Don't forget to check out the Video, and ask me about anything you wanna know! Thank you for reading!

382118584_IMG_0501(2).thumb.JPG.d02d5c1447c79f77bad768fe3148f5cd.JPG

P.S. I hope the link are turned into LMG- Affiliate links, if not, I'd be happy if a Mod would change or remove them! :):)

have this case on the way for my x299 build, going a different route with mine, zero rgb or lighting in a crystal case. you have the optional psu cover plate?

2 hours ago, AMDMike said:

have this case on the way for my x299 build, going a different route with mine, zero rgb or lighting in a crystal case. you have the optional psu cover plate?

Hahaha, no I don't have the cover plate. I left it to the guy I built it for if he wanted to get that aswell. This is how I solved it for me ^^

Interesting Idea, this case without RGB, my latest built was a 0 RGB BeQuiet built, completely in black as well. Looks pretty sweet too. But I usually only publish the builds when I'm done with the Video on it :)

First of all, really nicely written topic, sometimes its refreshing to see that. 

Second, rig looks amazing, good selection of parts, i hope it server your friend well,and btw, congrats to your friend on his new rig ?

3 hours ago, l2pTink3r said:

Hahaha, no I don't have the cover plate. I left it to the guy I built it for if he wanted to get that aswell. This is how I solved it for me ^^

Interesting Idea, this case without RGB, my latest built was a 0 RGB BeQuiet built, completely in black as well. Looks pretty sweet too. But I usually only publish the builds when I'm done with the Video on it :)

ill be posting my build log soon mobo and cooler are here just to make sure itll work :) looks like its going to i ordered a cover just to find out after it shipped that they come with them now lol guessi have two! nicely done on this build!

5 minutes ago, AMDMike said:

ill be posting my build log soon mobo and cooler are here just to make sure itll work :) looks like its going to i ordered a cover just to find out after it shipped that they come with them now lol guessi have two! nicely done on this build!

Well ok, I didnt get one with the case and got really darn annoyed about it! So fuck me I guess?! :P

2 hours ago, filippalfi said:

First of all, really nicely written topic, sometimes its refreshing to see that. 

Second, rig looks amazing, good selection of parts, i hope it server your friend well,and btw, congrats to your friend on his new rig ?

Thank you, I'll forward it to him! I hope it serves him well, as well. And I do hope I come around to upgrade my own system soon. Only not sure yet if I should wait for Ryzen 3^^

• 5 months later...

That's a gorgeous build but I'm a little perplexed. You should be scoring much higher than that. You're running an RTX 2070... 
Here's my Firestrike score. My gaming rig: MSI Tomahawk b450/Ryzen 2700/16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz/GTX 980Ti/Corsair CX600M.
 And this isn't a brag either. You should be getting much more out of that rig. 

Really looks good though. 

And yes I realize my photo shows an EVGA 1070 FTW. I swapped out the 980Ti a few days after taking the photo. 

Get tweaking! ;) 

FireStrike_17665_6-18-19.jpg

IMG_20190510_212708.jpg

IMG_20190514_072106.jpg

Nice build vlog too! Sorry for the blurry photos.