I still don’t get it!

Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,
Just now, Siddhant Mishra said:

So basically put all stuff together properly and switch on the PC using the on/off button the case .... right?  

yes

I’ve watched multiple build guides all are pretty straight forward and good...but  the motherboard ... has got me confusing ... how does it work put all components and throw in the power and lo the system is on ...or there is a dedicated switch for turning the mobo on and off.....

reference : MSI b450m mortar..

4 minutes ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

I’ve watched multiple build guides all are pretty straight forward and good...but  the motherboard ... has got me confusing ... how does it work put all components and throw in the power and lo the system is on ...or there is a dedicated switch for turning the mobo on and off.....

reference : MSI b450m mortar..

there is 2 pins on the motherboard which you connect the cases power switch to.

quickstart page 5 of the manual (pins 3 and 4, counting from left to right across the top)

here comes the front panel connectors.. there's a standard some manufacturers follow but if your use case is just for testing it or using it as is, you can just make a short between two pins (the ones labelled as power or something similar in the manual)

13 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

quickstart page 5 of the manual (pins 3 and 4, counting from left to right across the top)

So basically put all stuff together properly and switch on the PC using the on/off button the case .... right?  

14 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Wow!