constant 80c

Triventular
3 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Note its also a 80mm fan, not a 92mm like I expected...

120mm Heatsink n Fan will set you up right,..

Less overall case heat IMO as well.

okay so im gonna look for coolers with more heatpipes, bigger fan, and pwm.. got it

1 minute ago, Triventular said:

okay so im gonna look for coolers with more heatpipes, bigger fan, and pwm.. got it

Take note of case side panels and cooler height... Heatpipes out the end may be close to side panel..

Best check such things..

Website for case should list CPU cooler clearance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I had some difficulty mounting my cooler last October, I also used very old thermal past, like 5 years old at least! Also it was only MX-2.

I wil buy some new paste this summer and try remounting the cooler in a bid to lower my temps. Nothing other than curiosity.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

That case looks like something Gamers Nexus would love to shit on. 8 fan slots and 5 of those are useless as intakes or exhausts :D

9 hours ago, thinwalrus said:

That case looks like something Gamers Nexus would love to shit on. 8 fan slots and 5 of those are useless as intakes or exhausts :D

yea.. like why would you mount fans on top of the psu shroud? and mounting fans there would mean you'd just be limited to an itx board.. im thinking of punching a rectangular hole on the front and put the magnetic mesh there instead at the top.. but that case only costs around $20 and it shows

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bring this up and i just wanna say thank you to everyone who answered my questions here.. after this thread, i ordered a gammaxx 400 and thermal grizzly kryonaut and my temps dropped more dramatically than i thought it would. my gpu and cpu before would be at 80c whenever i did something. now my cpu rarely exceeds 60c with the new gammaxx 400 i ordered with kyronaut and my gpu rarely goes beyond 70c with the new thermal paste haha thanks guys!