Always pondering LTX

I keep pondering the idea of going to LTX someday. It sounds like fun but planes hurt me and the idea of going across the country alone scares me a lot. So idk if I will ever end up going but it sounds like so much fun and very interesting especially this year. I would get the VIP ticket because it sounds like it would be the best way to see the most interesting stuff and likely I wouldn't go again for a few years.. unless it was like the time of my life best experience I ever had. Anyone else in this sort of pondering stage thinking of maybe going someday? 

I am in a similar situation. I generally only take one major holiday a year, and last year was Vegas. If you've been to Vegas in the last few years, you know $400 in a weekend just on activities is all too easy, so this would be a wash there. Rooms are cheaper, and I would probably drive up, because I like driving and it would be a riot of a trip in my Cutlass or racetruck. I'm not at all concerned about the value proposition, but I have some anxiety around crowds and new people from some PTSD. I'm generally a big advocate of psychopharmacology, but you have to do what works for you.

I can say that we never grow or have life changing experiences inside our comfort zone, which will be my driving force if I decide to go. Maybe I'll see you there Sir.

5 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

I am in a similar situation. I generally only take one major holiday a year, and last year was Vegas. If you've been to Vegas in the last few years, you know $400 in a weekend just on activities is all too easy, so this would be a wash there. Rooms are cheaper, and I would probably drive up, because I like driving and it would be a riot of a trip in my Cutlass or racetruck. I'm not at all concerned about the value proposition, but I have some anxiety around crowds and new people from some PTSD. I'm generally a big advocate of psychopharmacology, but you have to do what works for you.

I can say that we never grow or have life changing experiences inside our comfort zone, which will be my driving force if I decide to go. Maybe I'll see you there Sir.

Never know eh! For me it would be a plane all the way from Nova Scotia. The idea of a crowd of people I never met is pretty scary but I tend to always find someone to talk to.

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Never know eh! For me it would be a plane all the way from Nova Scotia. The idea of a crowd of people I never met is pretty scary but I tend to always find someone to talk to.

Whew, yeah, that's over twice as far as my trip would be. But at least you'd be flying over land, so your death would be instant on impact with the ground, instead of drowning or freezing to death if you had to fly over a large body of water. There's a silver lining to everything.

I'm not helping anymore, am I?

4 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Whew, yeah, that's over twice as far as my trip would be. But at least you'd be flying over land, so your death would be instant on impact with the ground, instead of drowning or freezing to death if you had to fly over a large body of water. There's a silver lining to everything.

I'm not helping anymore, am I?

That wasn't even my worry, I just have small sinuses so it takes hours after I land for my ears to pop and hurts alot when we go for a landing. Also if you hit the water hard enough it would be instant lol....

i think it will be great experience this year with the addition of dreamhack. It's something that we all dreamed about years back in LTT history

I'm sure I would enjoy LTX. I would go if I lived anywhere near there, but I'm on the other side of the planet. The cost of getting there, the ticket, spending money, hotel etc is just insane. Vancouver is expensive.

Maybe once the thing is properly self-sustaining (or even profitable) then they could look at having an annual European LTX event too?

1 hour ago, CUDAcores89 said:

I traveled from Ireland back to my house in the United States when I was 13 by myself. 

Going on planes is not nearly as scary as you think. There were plenty of people I could ask for help. Getting through airport security and finding my terminal were really the only parts that could be considered hard, but even then there were plenty of people to ask.

I also plan to buy the VIP ticket.  Judging by the community interest those tickets will all but sell out in the first few minutes, so you really don't have time to make a good decision. If you can, pounce on it now.

Me and my friend will be making a vacation out of LTX 2019 and will be visiting for a full week. You don't just have to go for the convention and come back, there is other stuff to do in Vancouver. Personally we will be doing some sightseeing like the Capiano bridge and grouse mountain because the trip is getting quite expensive.

Finally, are you a minor? If so, traveling is pretty hard for you do on your own anyway. Probably a good idea to wait until you're 18, MAYBE 16. Just so you can make some money at that point and afford the trip.

Haha no... I'm 23 and I have been on planes before, again I am not scared it is just painful. My ears lock as we descend and it hurts like hell, hours after for them to open up again and the chewing gum and such does nothing to help. I'm not scared of the actual flying part as it is actually quite interesting and fun besides the pain. Why did you think I was a minor? My social anxiety or my horrific grammar? 

1 hour ago, CUDAcores89 said:

You do realize there's a way to force your ears to pop right?

Squeeze your nostrils tight with your thumb and index finger. Then pretend to try to blow your nose as hard as you can. The air will have nowhere to go except out your ears. then your ears will pop and it will no longer be painful.

Has no effect, I have done this so hard I nearly passed out and it does nothing. I have gone as far to essentially palm plunger my ear to try and force anything to happen but it just hurts. I met a flight attendant who had it so bad that she had tubes put in so the ears did not pop anymore. Once I land around an hour or so after I can pop my ears with the normal methods. 

4 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

I did not assume nor not assume you were a minor.

There are many people under 18 on this forum who are minors. I am friends with one of the mods on this forum and they are a minor. I just asked if you were one.

Oh ok, no worries I was just curious is all. 

1 hour ago, DezGalbie said:

I'm sure I would enjoy LTX. I would go if I lived anywhere near there, but I'm on the other side of the planet. The cost of getting there, the ticket, spending money, hotel etc is just insane. Vancouver is expensive.

Maybe once the thing is properly self-sustaining (or even profitable) then they could look at having an annual European LTX event too?

Yea it would be pretty expensive.... but really fun I think.