Top money spent by TTL, no good gaming PC

Hi Linus, first of all; love your YT-show. Second, this post it’s about how disappointed I am to not having ever seen a real PC built in your show. You’ve spent 10’s of thousand of dollars building stupid gimmicks of pc-builds. Yet, I really would like you to try one more time... I’ve been researching components for my own NEXT build; thus, I would suggest if you can show the whole design process...

1) use the 3D Marks database to select the best CPU, MoBo and RAM

or;

2) see if you can build it with the following parts..

a) CPU: i7-8700K or i9-9700K

b) MoBo: ASUS, Intel or MSI

i) LGA 1151 or better

ii) SSD or M.2 to boot

iii) Optane enable and in use

ix) Optimem II, enable and in use

c) RAM: DDR-4, 4400(OC) MHz

d) Full ATX

e) GPU; GTX-1080 or GTX-2080

Preferibly, GPU and CPU water cooled.

In all, it should be a true FPS monster.

i want to know how much it will cost to build it; I just don’t want to go through the hassle of exchanging parts. Being that in paper it may look good, but in real life it may such...

can you you take this as a challenge or as a suggestion to a next episode.

5 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

Second, this post it’s about how disappointed I am to not having ever seen a real PC built in your show. You’ve spent 10’s of thousand of dollars building stupid gimmicks of pc-builds.

w8-wut.jpg

You want LTT to do something that you want but doesn't benefit them at all? Good luck.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

17 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

this post it’s about how disappointed I am to not having ever seen a real PC built in your show.

They build plenty of computers on the channel

18 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

I’ve been researching components for my own NEXT build; thus, I would suggest if you can show the whole design process...

if you have researched, why do  you want them to a build a computer you want?

18 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

I would suggest if you can show the whole design process...

there are plenty of build guides on the channel and elsewhere

19 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

i want to know how much it will cost to build it; I just don’t want to go through the hassle of exchanging parts. Being that in paper it may look good, but in real life it may such...

how do you not know how much it will cost if you have researched?

use a tool such as pcpartpicker.com and watch reviews on the products you want for performance reviews

19 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

You’ve spent 10’s of thousand of dollars building stupid gimmicks of pc-builds.

because they have already done regular pc builds and guides and the extreme ends of the cost and performance spectrum gets the views

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

23 minutes ago, FMendoza9 said:

Hi Linus, first of all; love your YT-show. Second, this post it’s about how disappointed I am to not having ever seen a real PC built in your show. You’ve spent 10’s of thousand of dollars building stupid gimmicks of pc-builds. Yet, I really would like you to try one more time... I’ve been researching components for my own NEXT build; thus, I would suggest if you can show the whole design process...

1) use the 3D Marks database to select the best CPU, MoBo and RAM

or;

2) see if you can build it with the following parts..

a) CPU: i7-8700K or i9-9700K

b) MoBo: ASUS, Intel or MSI

i) LGA 1151 or better

ii) SSD or M.2 to boot

iii) Optane enable and in use

ix) Optimem II, enable and in use

c) RAM: DDR-4, 4400(OC) MHz

d) Full ATX

e) GPU; GTX-1080 or GTX-2080

Preferibly, GPU and CPU water cooled.

In all, it should be a true FPS monster.

can you you take this as a challenge or as a suggestion to a next episode.

Yeah, sorry Mate, Linus isn't here much, he's a pretty busy guy, and it's family time on the weekend, aside from his livestream this evening.

Also, they do a LOT of builds of relatively normal systems, but you can really only do that so many times, and expect it to still get a good volume of views, and view count is THE driving factor behind getting sponsors, which is how he is able to keep the lights on, keep people employed, and keep making videos. 

Finally, to be perfectly honest, there are some issues in your build list that I'd like to walk through, to hopefully refine the process for you. 

A. good choices, but if it's a balls to the wall FPS monster, why not an i9-9900K?

B. Asus is good, MSI is alright(not a fan of the BIOS personally) but Intel boards are pretty unimpressive comparatively, and you've left a big huge range of boards from each manufacturer, which will have differences in performance and overclocking headroom.

I) This is a little pedantic, but "or better?" that is the only socket that supports those CPUs you listed.

II) That is again, a HUGE open range. SATA SSDs vs PCIe 3.0x4 nvme drives are an order of magnitude difference in measured performance, if not in real world.

III) Optane won't speed up a good nvme SSD, it is known. Do you want optane to accelerate a secondary spinning disk? Why would you even do that in a hardcore system when 1-2TB SSDs are now the standard, and can be striped together for a bit more speed and seamless size?

IV(4) IX is 9 for one. For two, just no.

C) that much memory speed will have negligible benefit over DRASTICALLY cheaper DDR4-3200 on Intel.

D) that really doesn't effect performance, it's not really a useful metric for your request.

E) Why would a YouTuber build a system with a GTX 1080 in it, over two years from release, with newer generation cards in house. 

Finally, there are metric butt loads of reviews on individual components and build guides from Jay, Paul and Kyle with this type of set-up, several in the last week even. Linus supports tech youtube being a community, go watch their builds.

6 minutes ago, King Poet said:

And while you're at it @LinusTech, I saw these cool shoes I wanted, but want to know if they're comfortable before I buy them.  https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Strand-Cap-Toe-Oxford/dp/B005A1OJ5Q/ Please walk for 2 hours and also benchmark them with a light jog down a hallway.

Sorry, Linus only reviews sandals and hover shoes.

6 minutes ago, King Poet said:

And while you're at it @LinusTech, I saw these cool shoes I wanted, but want to know if they're comfortable before I buy them.  https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Strand-Cap-Toe-Oxford/dp/B005A1OJ5Q/ Please walk for 2 hours and also benchmark them with a light jog down a hallway.

Everyone knows that these are the only shoes that @LinusTech benchmarks...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771CRJFD/ref=s9_acsd_topr_hd_bw_bjyMAN_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-11&pf_rd_r=ZBEHAS17SE3T652D9RWZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=09638a91-7de8-51bc-b832-c238514fff66&pf_rd_i=679320011

~Air Cooling Advocate~

He's already done all these in previous episodes, there just isn't any new content here. Whilst the writers at LTT do a lot of research (Iol), it is up to you to do the research for your own build. 

So... you haven't seen these then:

These are older videos at this point, but they do show that LTT does builds for actual purpose. Especially Max's PC is good one as she paid for it. So it doesn't have anything flashy that non-gaming photo editor/artist doesn't need.

PS. TTL refers to another tech-tuber, Tiny Tom Logan from OC3D.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, if you want actually solid recommendations, you will have to look somewhere else.

LTT is like the Top Gear equivalent of the tech world, great stuff, very entertaining, but if you want to buy an actual car/computer, you look somewhere else.

These days most builds aren't that special and can easily be sorted out on the forum here. New topic, bit of discussion and in a few hours you have a build that fits your needs.

Also stuff doesn't really change. Yes there are new cpu's and gpu's released but it's such a small amount most people here adjust to new products in like days and recommendations can be a bit derpy around those launches but most of the time, we usually agree with what someone should get.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Channels don't make money making content anyone can look up easily with just a inkling of how this works. 

Channels make money talking about, experimenting with, and working on - things the normal fellar cant see/touch/taste/comprehend etc

The thing about technology is "IN TODAY OUTDATED TOMORROW" (you can thank my wife for that saying, she said it first, and to me about my spending habits on tech) - he isn't going to look at current poo poo plebian stuff unless it JUST released.  Hes going to look at the future, it gets the most clicks.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

14 hours ago, King Poet said:

Can't go wrong with Allen Edmonds.  I've been rocking their Double Monk Strap for a while now.  Walnut is a beautiful color.

If you have a store locally, I'd recommend a visit. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

7 hours ago, samcool55 said:

LTT is like the Top Gear equivalent of the tech world, great stuff, very entertaining, but if you want to buy an actual car/computer, you look somewhere else.

This is extremely accurate, funny and not something I had thought of previously. I really enjoy both, and The Grand Tour.

Pretty sure Linus himself has said why they don't do these. It's simply down to them being boring.

You've got plenty of other channels doing that type of thing, would advise watching one of them. 

16 hours ago, RobFRaschke said:

This is extremely accurate, funny and not something I had thought of previously. I really enjoy both, and The Grand Tour.

Well the reason why this is accurate is because that's what Linus always wanted to be.

Back when he had less than 1M subs and his stuff was actually informative, he always told us that his goal was to become basically Top Gear of the tech world, just messing around with tech because that's what he loves to do and that's exactly what he does these days.

It's awesome actually to see that LTT is exactly what Linus hoped it would be.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon