I got hacked, I need advice.

Quick disclaimer: I know very little about hacking so go easy on me.

I was bored today and decided to play Krunker.io which I enjoy playing since it's super accessible.

I was a few games in and I was doing extremely well and as usual I was being called a hacker but to be honest I'm used to it at this point when I play well people immediately assume I hack. So a player called "Guest_02" was seriously salty and calling me a "noob hacker" etc and out of nowhere my computer starts typing random keys like "wodijwFOIEHO" so at first, I assumed my keyboard was glitching out. I'm a techy guy and I had a hunch so I minimize my window and notice some executables on the desktop. I can't remember the name of the first one but the second was called "Password_Scan". So I shit myself and decided to log out. As I logged back in shit started getting wild so I switched my router off, turned the laptop off and tried wiping it but I doubt that'll fix it. So far I've taken my hard drive out of my laptop so my Ethical Hacking professor can look at it tomorrow but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask you guys what happened? How did he/she do it so easily? Am I dumb? What can I do to protect myself from this happening again? Also, can I recover my computer? Don't wanna risk them getting on my network and infecting other devices.

you should reset your router just for safe measure. you can turn on your computer without networking if you want to run a virus scan

First off, do you use a firewall? Anti-virus software? Does your router have a firewall? If the answer to any of this is no, then that needs to change first of all. And no, relying on only Windows Firewall and Windows Defender is not enough. As for recovering the computer, you should be able to do that using a virus scanner and removal tool that allows you to scan and remove files outside of the OS. Check out this guide here for how to do it >> https://www.howtogeek.com/175234/how-to-use-an-antivirus-boot-disc-or-usb-drive-to-ensure-your-computer-is-clean/

Just now, Derrk said:

you should reset your router just for safe measure. you can turn on your computer without networking if you want to run a virus scan

I used F-Secure to check if it has been DNS Hijacked and It's all green but I did reset it anyways. 

Given your username, can I just double check that you're being entirely serious?

This kind of hack would not be quick or easy, and you'd really have to piss someone off for them to bother with a hack of the magnitude necessary to implant and run software on your computer remotely, without you noticing until you were already seeing the effects.

2 hours ago, Dayglorange said:

First off, do you use a firewall? Anti-virus software? Does your router have a firewall? If the answer to any of this is no, then that needs to change first of all. And no, relying on only Windows Firewall and Windows Defender is not enough. As for recovering the computer, you should be able to do that using a virus scanner and removal tool that allows you to scan and remove files outside of the OS. Check out this guide here for how to do it >> https://www.howtogeek.com/175234/how-to-use-an-antivirus-boot-disc-or-usb-drive-to-ensure-your-computer-is-clean/

Thanks for the fast reply. In regards to your questions I use MalwareBytes which didn't do anything, but not sure if that has a built-in firewall so I'm assuming I was relying on Windows Firewall. I've been naive when it comes to this due to being extremely vigilant on the internet just didn't know someone could hack me with what I'd assume was just my IP address. Perhaps a VPN could have protected me a little better? Also, is there a firewall application you'd reccomend?

2 hours ago, RobFRaschke said:

Given your username, can I just double check that you're being entirely serious?

This kind of hack would not be quick or easy, and you'd really have to piss someone off for them to bother with a hack of the magnitude necessary to implant and run software on your computer remotely, without you noticing until you were already seeing the effects.

Yes, I'm being serious. Had this username for a while when I used to troll back in my dumb young days and It's stuck.

Well, I didn't reply to him during the game he just seriously had some beef. I hade been playing with him in a match for about 20 mins and he quickly did this much damage totally crippling my PC. Dunno if he just used pre-coded scripts?

5 minutes ago, ProbablySatire said:

Thanks for the fast reply. In regards to your questions I use MalwareBytes which didn't do anything, but not sure if that has a built-in firewall so I'm assuming I was relying on Windows Firewall. I've been naive when it comes to this due to being extremely vigilant on the internet just didn't know someone could hack me with what I'd assume was just my IP address. Perhaps a VPN could have protected me a little better? Also, is there a firewall application you'd reccomend?

I've used ZoneAlarm for years with no trouble. Along with running a good firewall, and good anti-virus, also having a secondary scanner is another good idea - some AV software may not detect something that another will, so if you suspect a virus but your main software is not picking up anything, grab another scanner and give your system a pass with it just to be safe. And, as I mentioned, you may have to get at your system from outside the OS if its a particularly nasty little bugger that's hiding itself from regular scans.

EDITED to add: I personally use a combination of Windows Firewall with ZoneAlarm, Avast AV and MalwareBytes. I also use a custom hosts file to block redirects to known "bad" sites - though this may not be something you want to mess with if you're not super familiar with tinkering around in your OS.

2 minutes ago, ProbablySatire said:

Yes, I'm being serious. Had this username for a while when I used to troll back in my dumb young days and It's stuck.

Well, I didn't reply to him during the game he just seriously had some beef. I hade been playing with him in a match for about 20 mins and he quickly did this much damage totally crippling my PC. Dunno if he just used pre-coded scripts?

If you found evidence it was someone running a script. Someone that knew what they were doing probably wouldn't have left anything for you to suspect, unless they were just going to scare.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

If you found evidence it was someone running a script. Someone that knew what they were doing probably wouldn't have left anything for you to suspect, unless they were just going to scare.

Well, what I found particularly intriguing was the Pass_Scan.exe on my desktop. It's almost like he got into my computer somehow, copied the .exe into my PC (I'm assuming the desktop since It's the easiest location to quickly stick a file) and then ran it to detect any passwords I had saved. Luckily, however, I don't leave vital information sitting on my PC but I changed all my passwords to be on the safe side. Since I'm not completely educated on the subject I have no idea how catastrophic of a breach this was so I'm not taking my chances. 

Use Linux and you will be near invulnerable to malwares.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

Use Linux and you will be near invulnerable to malwares.

I love Linux, It's a nice environment with plenty of distro options. I'm rather accustomed to Windows and for the gaming aspect, I just can't use Linus as it's just not the best for gaming even though It's improving.

1 minute ago, ProbablySatire said:

I love Linux, It's a nice environment with plenty of distro options. I'm rather accustomed to Windows and for the gaming aspect, I just can't use Linus as it's just not the best for gaming even though It's improving.

Use PS4 or Xbox one then. I have yet heard any hackers spreading viruses on there. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Use PS4 or Xbox one then. I have yet heard any hackers spreading viruses on there. 

Maybe not to the specific systems but the PSN has most definitely been hacked and user info leaked, so I wouldn't really call that any better.

6 minutes ago, wasab said:

I play on PS4, I hate FPS's using a controller it feels awful so that's not an option for me in terms of playing FPS's lmao.