Softwares to Rip blue ray disks

Recently started building my own Plex server and wanted to rip my collection of blue-ray disks and DVDs to suitable format for plex. Suggestions are welcomed. 

I use MakeMKV to rip my blu-rays and DVDs to .mkv files.   Works like a charm. 

It's a 30 day trial, but the actual program is still in beta and as long as it stays that way the devs publicly post a new activation key every 2 months.  So you can use it indefinitely (or at least until they release the full version, but I haven't seen that happen yet and I've been using MakeMKV for 5 years or so)

You can of course buy it already to support the devs.

I store all my rips in full quality, but then again I have a rather large NAS.  If disk space is an issue, you may want to use Handbrake to reduce the resolution/quality/bitrate/whatever in order to shrink the file size.

11 minutes ago, sanketganore said:

Suggestions are welcomed. 

I recommend using HandBrake: https://handbrake.fr/

It has tons of options for how you want to save your file.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones