Need help with recovering video files from m.2 ssd

So here's the thing I cut and pasted all my video files from my external hdd to my m.2 ssd and afterwards I accidentally deleted the files on my m.2 ssd. I was stupid and disabled the recycle bin function beforehand. I am in search for a file recovery software for almost a year now and tried several paid ones to no avail. The files I'm trying to recover are .wmv and .avi 

I'm open to any suggestions.

Also is there any way to fix recovered and corrupted .wmv files? I managed to recover some but they are unplayable.

First, a lot of people don't know that can just hit ctrl + z while being on that folder, or to be pretty sure, just right click on any empty space of that folder, hit "undo delete" in the popping menu.And it works if you just deleted it, open a browser or anything, get back to it, as for that folder you just did it. Dunno if the disk wrote a lot of memory in the middle, as when happens to me, I hit it immediately, and prob solved. U can also do this if decompress a huge file by error and it creates a ton of disordered folders, etc. Just be careful as undo can be as dangerous as the never-to-do so that is cutting files between units or in general. I always prefer the good old copy, paste, then delete, call me oldie.

Typically there used to be a secondary internal memory where, if not too many writes happened after the fact, you could use the console command "undelete" to recover files from it. usually the command needed to be fed with the first letter of the file name or sth, can't remember now, is decades. This I think is since long gone. And not sure about what third party software would be the best, or even more, which one wouldn't include adware or even malware. And sounds to me no free good one is gonna be available. With undelete I recovered an entire thesis of an ex-girlfriend... she almost joked about getting back with me just because of that.... ;)

Undelete is a nice utility that I believe it's gone, but don't quote me on that...

I believe the good old chkdsk could do sth....by giving certain pass, then using attrib, and recovering resulting CHK files, renaming with the proper extension. But never used it that way, as did seem to me it could as well set those file attributes to all the drive files, and that'd be an enormous issue.

Windows has a backup feature, it'd be way too much luck that you had that activated from previously, for a chance. 

And lastly, at last company , I was a remote worker, we used an online service which would even scan constantly certain work folders, and keep a version system of each file, etc. Nothing is as solid as that, except some redundant expensive system in a home or office network, of course.

Don't try to recover from the SSD that can be more difficult (and maybe more dangerous as is system disk). Try it in the external HDD. A cut operation is also delete in the original source, so I guess is possible.

Don't do any writes (or any operation at all, as today almost all caches on disk) to that external till you have recovered those.

The chkdsk command procedure , if your disk external HDD unit is E:

I would only do this in an external HDD, and having pretty sure I've got all there back up somewhere else. Or if the drive only had the files now deleted.Otherwise you could screw big time.

Open a CMD window (start up menu, Run, type "cmd" without the quotes) and: 

chkdsk E: /f 

go to your unit drive, ie, E:

E:\>

then execute attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* 

I have not tried, but it seems it generates a new folder, full with files with CHK extension ( *.chk ), from the chkdsk operation. So, rename the files with the proper original extension.

As said, don't do this in any system drive, or with files not back-up somewhere else, and don't do any file operation in the external previous to recovering the files, or the temp memory will be overwritten, as far as I know.

And alternatively.... I'm just checking, as I know how cr4ppy is to loose files that way... here's an article on several free utilities... but those can be limited in the size to recover (don't write anything in the external, I repeat), or other limitations. And  buying one of these things, for one thing that rarely will happen to you again.... :s . They guide you step by step with one of 'em, but read carefully its limitations before going for it, you might ruin your only chance with those files if not.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/software/recover-deleted-files-3365461/