Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 1070GT
PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold
Memory:
-Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB 16000Mhz
-Corsair Xms3 DDR3 6GB 16000Mhz
Keyboard: CORSAIR K63 Wireless
Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU Abmiprz 27-inch

I purchased a new Samsung Evo 960 1tb but it's not showing up in disk management or device manager. I am currently unable to get into bios for whatever reason might have something to do with my keyboard I can't say for sure. 

SSD is connected on the bottom interface of the HAFX SSD front tray. J4

Power cable and Sata cable connected to rear interface. I'm 100% sure interface works because side fan is also connected. 

20190217_142215.jpg

20190217_142253.jpg

20190217_142332.jpg

On 2/17/2019 at 2:44 PM, Slottr said:

Have you tried not using that adapter

I managed to get it to work. The drive is now allocated and formatted but I am still unable to get into the bios. Any ideas? 

9 hours ago, DjCheese said:

I managed to get it to work. The drive is now allocated and formatted but I am still unable to get into the bios. Any ideas? 

What do you mean by that? As in no post? Does it work without the SSD?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

• 9 months later...

Hey there! I have the same case and mobo! P6x58d extreme phase is powerhouse back in the day. Currently upgrading my cpu and ssd so figured I'd chime in.

Any luck with that drive?

I'm not sure if this applies but looking into this p6x58d I've learned in order to boot from a m.2 nvme you can only use a samsung 950 pro due to the drive having legacy boot support. If that is the newer nvme protocol ssd you have there then same might apply?

I've got a xeon w3690 6core upgraded processor and a samsung 950 pro m.2 with pcie 3.0 x16 adapter all in the mail. This would be the ideal boot drive for your situation, but I'll let you know how things go.

With the m.2 ssd on the pcie adapter and 512gb I'm not running any other drives for now on. Yesterday I removed two hdd after backing them up as well as my dvd burner cause... havent used it in like a year? Anyway so then I drilled the rivets on the lower bays and put the shroud on the front fan redirecting air upwards.

20191128_101606.jpg

20191128_101637.jpg