Way to duplicate a projector to a rasberry pi screen?

Luke2.0

Hey,

I was thinking about purchasing a projector. I have a pretty large blank wall that I can project onto behind my desk, and I want to get a small monitor like this one so I don't have to turn around every time to find what i'm trying to click on every time: ??. I was wondering if I could use this monitor basically as a duplicate of the projector, and not have the projector duplicate the small monitor (hopefully that makes sense). The monitor's resolution is 800x480, so idk if there will be any conflicts or if it simply won't work. If anyone knows how this would work, or if you guys have any better ideas of how I could do this without sacrificing one of my monitors that I currently have, please let me know ?.

61NHEE9MtVL._SL1001_.jpg

I don't remember but this could be possible, if the HDMI output is separate from the actual Pi screen you using you can use the linux desktop screen functionality to actually duplicate the screen output or everthing you like

Edited by Guest

You can get an HDMI (or VGA/DVI) splitter and from there you can send the signal to the projector and the monitor. Now, in this case, you'll want to have the same resolution display as the projector or at least a display that can handle a higher/lower resolution, as you're just duplicating the same signal.

2 hours ago, dzonidev said:

You can get an HDMI (or VGA/DVI) splitter and from there you can send the signal to the projector and the monitor. Now, in this case, you'll want to have the same resolution display as the projector or at least a display that can handle a higher/lower resolution, as you're just duplicating the same signal.

Well it would be nice if they made small screens at 1080p under $100 or so, but I was gonna put this screen on my pc window, kinda like a system monitor. So there's no way to duplicate to a smaller resolution? The projector I was gonna get is gonna be at least 1080p.

I don't remember but this could be possible, if the HDMI output is separate from the actual Pi screen you using you can use the linux desktop screen functionality to actually duplicate the screen output or everthing you like

So basically, I would have to run Linux separately on the pi screen, and then duplicate it that way through linux? 

I'm just wondering if Windows supports duplicating to a smaller resolution. I would like to keep it to all windows though, as it would make my budget go up because I'd have to get an actual pi.  

8 hours ago, Luke2.0 said:

Well it would be nice if they made small screens at 1080p under $100 or so, but I was gonna put this screen on my pc window, kinda like a system monitor. So there's no way to duplicate to a smaller resolution? The projector I was gonna get is gonna be at least 1080p.

So basically, I would have to run Linux separately on the pi screen, and then duplicate it that way through linux? 

I'm just wondering if Windows supports duplicating to a smaller resolution. I would like to keep it to all windows though, as it would make my budget go up because I'd have to get an actual pi.  

You can use a splitter or have two separate monitors they will do the same thing, but having two separate ones gives you more functionality

But afaik the splitter won't lower the resolution, so you better have two separate screens without a splitter imo

On 2/17/2019 at 1:38 PM, Luke2.0 said:

Hey,

I was thinking about purchasing a projector. I have a pretty large blank wall that I can project onto behind my desk, and I want to get a small monitor like this one so I don't have to turn around every time to find what i'm trying to click on every time: ??. I was wondering if I could use this monitor basically as a duplicate of the projector, and not have the projector duplicate the small monitor (hopefully that makes sense). The monitor's resolution is 800x480, so idk if there will be any conflicts or if it simply won't work. If anyone knows how this would work, or if you guys have any better ideas of how I could do this without sacrificing one of my monitors that I currently have, please let me know ?.

61NHEE9MtVL._SL1001_.jpg

Personally I use twomonusb and an old tablet.

I dont know if this is still true, but windows use to have alot of issues scaling to 800×480. It used to be the only resolution available for carpcs pretty much. Most programs either refused to display or were grossly distorted.