Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MonkeyManofLife

CPU Running HOT

1 minute ago, MonkeyManofLife said:

Hello, recently my CPU has been running very hot around 85-100 C with 0-10% load. I have been doing some sketchy stuff so I don't know if this is like a bitcoin miner or what. http://munchyman.club/images/CAM_aVg2CaxgIe.png - CAM Data

That would have high usage... Are you running an AIO/Liquid Cooler?

Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX300, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Corsair CX 750, Fractal Define Mini C TG, Windows 10 Enterprise

School Laptop: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody. C2D P7350, nVidia 9800M, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave. Also my editing laptop (FCP > Adobe Premier)

Phone: Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

1 minute ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

That would have high usage... Are you running an AIO/Liquid Cooler?

I'd assume, as he is using cam, therefore a kraken aio:

did you remove the plastic at the bottom?

PC (Main)

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400

Boot/OS SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TG (11/10) PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz

NAS:

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10 (used 7.3/12TB)

Phone/Tablet:

iPhone 8 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 ti + 20GB ram (16+4) + 1TB EX920 SSD

My old computers:

Athlon x64 + R9600 Pro 256MB Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.4ghz + GTX 275 | i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz + GTX 670

6 minutes ago, MonkeyManofLife said:

Hello, recently my CPU has been running very hot around 85-100 C with 0-10% load. I have been doing some sketchy stuff so I don't know if this is like a bitcoin miner or what. http://munchyman.club/images/CAM_aVg2CaxgIe.png - CAM Data

What kind of cooler are you using? If it's an AIO then, that's probably a dead pump if the temps were fine before.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

UP THE HAMMERS & DOWN THE NAILS
MAY THE LORDS OF LIGHT BE WITH YOU
BLESSED BE
HAIL CROM
HAIL ODIN
HAIL THOR
HAIL THE MANILLAN EMPIRE
HAIL TO THE BRETHREN OF THE HAMMER

Rest in peace Mark \m/

1957-2018

ohhhhhhh.....

Pump failure. 100% the issue.

Main PC: i5-8600K (6C/6T), MSI Z370M, T-Force Delta II RGB 16GB, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crutial MX300, ROG STRIX RX-580 8GB, Corsair CX 750, Fractal Define Mini C TG, Windows 10 Enterprise

School Laptop: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody. C2D P7350, nVidia 9800M, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Mojave. Also my editing laptop (FCP > Adobe Premier)

Phone: Galaxy Note 8, Android 8.0

Random devices in various stages of working: Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G3 Clamshell (for a custom build, just a case), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

2 minutes ago, MonkeyManofLife said:

How do I fix pump failure? I bought this as a pre-built from cyberpower.

Do you know the full specs of the machine? It might not even use an all in one liquid cooler.

Since you got it from Cyberpower you could call up their support and ask for help or, get it repaired if it's under warranty.

BLESSED BE
HAIL CROM
HAIL ODIN
HAIL THOR
HAIL THE MANILLAN EMPIRE

Rest in peace Mark \m/

1957-2018

51 minutes ago, MonkeyManofLife said:

Yeah, you have a liquid cooler on there. Ok so, when did it start overheating?

If it did from the start then, maybe the pump's cable got loose during shipping, in that case replugging it will fix your issue but, if you have been using it for a while then, you most likely have a dead pump.

If you still have warranty on the system then, contact Cyberpower and ask for a replacement.

BLESSED BE
HAIL CROM
HAIL ODIN
HAIL THOR
HAIL THE MANILLAN EMPIRE

Rest in peace Mark \m/

1957-2018

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Yeah, you have a liquid cooler on there. Ok so, when did it start overheating?

If it did from the start then, maybe the pump's cable got loose during shipping, in that case replugging it will fix your issue but, if you have been using it for a while then, you most likely have a dead pump.

If you still have warranty on the system then, contact Cyberpower and ask for a replacement.

I think it's been doing this from the start. How should I go about plugging in the pump cable? I've never done this kind of stuff before.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyManofLife said:

I think it's been doing this from the start. How should I go about plugging in the pump cable? I've never done this kind of stuff before.

You could remove the left side panel and check if the pump's cable is properly plugged in. Before doing so make sure to turn the PC off completely and unplug it from the wall as well.

Now, since they are using a custom Motherboard I can't really pinpoint the pump header's location so, you'll have to find it yourself but, it's usually near the top of the board.

It will have something like Pump_Fan written under it like this:

Spoiler

z370-sli-plus-tuning-1920.thumb.png.159cd50f98eb1f32ee62872b1156823c.png

You should have a cable going from the CPU cooler that's plugged in there. If it is there then, make sure it's plugged in all the way.

If you need more help than that then, some pictures of the inside of the case would be helpful.

BLESSED BE
HAIL CROM
HAIL ODIN
HAIL THOR
HAIL THE MANILLAN EMPIRE

Rest in peace Mark \m/

1957-2018

If you can post some pictures of the inside of the system we might be able to see if there's any obvious issues. Could be the pump isn't plugged in, could be a dead pump. If it's a dead pump, you'll have to contact Cyberpower and have it fixed under warranty. 

Does it have high Temps even in Bios? Can you check I'd the cpu fan/pump is showing any rpm/liquid movement if they have that enabled in bios? 

Primary Rig (new, just built):

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 4.7/5.0GHz (1.25V/1.29V)  ~  Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Floe RGB 280mm AIO (Push/Pull with Thermaltake Riing & Pure fans)

RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB @ 4000MHz CL17-17-17-38 1.4V (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR) 

GPU: eVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid @ Stock/2050MHz - Push/Pull Radiator Fans

PSU: eVGA SuperNova P2 1200W - Case: Thermaltake View 91

SSDs/HDDs: Samsung EVO 860 1TB, Transcend 480GB, Samsung QVO 1TB, Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Hybird HDD)

Windows 10 of course - which I don't mind, so far