Anyone else seeing this ?!?!

xFetusx
16 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

*snip*
 He way over sold the customer no matter how you look at it. Hell he just said in his live stream that he "doesn't care what others say if it's negative, why would that be important? what matters are the customers, who cares what flyguy79 has to say no one's gonna read that".

This 100%. I'm building a PC with a similar board and a 9900k - this is absolutely insane.

$1700 for a word processing build. 

His parts list:

Edited by electronbeam
clarity

Anyway, I'm done bandwagoning on this dude. Wish no harm on anyone but it's good to be aware when people make legal threats.

Have a great one, all :)

I have database audit logs to review from now until the end of time. End me.

Found this support page with minimal effort, and it explains things pretty clearly, Content ID claims are automatic. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3244015?hl=en. The only things LMG  can control is opting into the content ID system, uploaded reference content (aka all their videos), and what automatic action to take (track, monetize, or block). Matches up with Linus' video perfectly. Posted link on yesterdays rant video and a twitter post, but doubt he will look at it, or if he does will construe it as him being right somehow. I used some of his build vids to build my first PC in 2013 or so, and it is sad to see him act this way. He always did have the attitude that his way or thoughts on something is always right, but this is another level. Hadn't watched much of his recent content, but always checked if his new uploads might be something I wanted to watch. After he doubled down on today's stream, I just can't stay subscribed and support him any longer. He could really ruin things for himself financially if he actual pursues legal action against LMG or Fullscreen. Legal fees can add up fast, especially if the defendant counter sues for legal expenses. 

12 minutes ago, miker07 said:

Found this support page with minimal effort, and it explains things pretty clearly, Content ID claims are automatic. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3244015?hl=en. The only things LMG  can control is opting into the content ID system, uploaded reference content (aka all their videos), and what automatic action to take (track, monetize, or block). Matches up with Linus' video perfectly. Posted link on yesterdays rant video and a twitter post, but doubt he will look at it, or if he does will construe it as him being right somehow. I used some of his build vids to build my first PC in 2013 or so, and it is sad to see him act this way. He always did have the attitude that his way or thoughts on something is always right, but this is another level. Hadn't watched much of his recent content, but always checked if his new uploads might be something I wanted to watch. After he doubled down on today's stream, I just can't stay subscribed and support him any longer. He could really ruin things for himself financially if he actual pursues legal action against LMG or Fullscreen. Legal fees can add up fast, especially if the defendant counter sues for legal expenses. 

If LMG can't reason with him, bury him.  LMG has to.  You can't be a nice guy in this and turn the other check. 

I hope he doesn't see any view increases as supporting his argument.

We are laughing at you, not with you.

People like watching train wrecks only to a degree.  Then we become bored and move on. 

15 minutes ago, miker07 said:

LMG have asked Fullscreen to reduce the sensitivity to hopefully solve this once and for all. The problem is that Carey and his fanbase will not back down, it could get to the point where Linus and his family are attacked in public along with other LMG staff members and their families. I really hope it doesn't come to this but it can happen, the 'beef' between KSI and Deji caused the parents to be publicly attacked. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

16 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

LMG have asked Fullscreen to reduce the sensitivity to hopefully solve this once and for all. The problem is that Carey and his fanbase will not back down, it could get to the point where Linus and his family are attacked in public along with other LMG staff members and their families. I really hope it doesn't come to this but it can happen, the 'beef' between KSI and Deji caused the parents to be publicly attacked. 

Except that Linus claimed before that it was all on Youtube, asking Fullscreen and getting them to lower sensitivity of the contentID spamming sort of admits he does have some oversight on how the videos get flagged. But I dobut it would come to that for Linus, i'm more concerned for the other guy as he's been swatted more than once, his police department didn't seem to know what he heck swatting is and didn't care to listen. I think everyone taking sides and seeing it as a fanbase need to calm down lol.

1 hour ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I don't fanboy for anyone and could care less if someone's a fanboy themselves. The problem is he's building a "non-gaming" build with a 9700k and a 1070 on a z390 motherboard. All you need is a 2200g with its more than capable integrated GPU or maybe an RX 580/570 if you want to go overkill on a cheaper non gaming mobo. He's using an Aorus Gaming X, a 9700k and a 1070. He way over sold the customer no matter how you look at it. Hell he just said in his live stream that he "doesn't care what others say if it's negative, why would that be important? what matters are the customers, who cares what flyguy79 has to say no one's gonna read that".

I don't know what the context is behind the build, maybe someone else in the family uses it for gaming, maybe the buyer edits videos idk. The build is overkill for sure but plenty of other SI's and custom builder boutiques would try to over sell, it's the business but I don't think it's always fair to oversell the consumer. If the buyer only does office work an overkill PC should last a while.

Thread locked.

This slowly looks like it's turning into brigading. It's not something that should be done, from either side.

3 minutes ago, bhd43 said:

*snip*

Please take time to review the Community Standards.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !