Anyone else seeing this ?!?!

xFetusx
42 minutes ago, Groundhog02 said:

I just signed up to respond to this.

His upcoming whatever is very provocative.  He makes it seem like he's gone to court or something.

I don't agree with Linus and the companies videos all the time.  I think sometimes they knock others a bit too much.

That being said, I've never gotten the impression that LMG is on a search and destroy mission.

It never occurred to me that some youtubers are wound too tight.

This guy has way too much drama.  

Swat team at his house.  His old man is on his last legs.  He builds PCs for veterans.

I'm probably going to hell just for being suspicious.

Did they ever figure out who called the swat team? 

The jealousy is weird.  Just saw a video from some guy named Eil?  whose bag I think is servers dumping all over Linus

because LMG is huge and is responsible.   And no one can figure out how to contact LMG when something like this comes up.

Even though LMG has a contact page which can be found in a couple of seconds.

Which even if not the right way to contact LMG about content would have easily been given to the person(s) responsible for content. 

Linus was genuinely shook up yesterday.  

A small business owner who is plugging away everyday.

No that's just his way of doing clickbait with videos, I don't like the clickbait but everyone does it.

I still think LMG could be doing more to help these channels by talking to Fullscreen and Youtube instead of just shifting the blame.

No idea what happened after the swatting incident, he probably can't talk about it for legal reasons I assume. But yeah he needs to get way from the drama of everyone is out to get him and get back to tech videos.

Are you referring to Eli the computer guy? He has interesting content, I don't agree with him insisting a custom PC business isn't worth doing, but the guy admitted before he isn't afraid to criticize anyone. And these smaller channels are probably afraid they won't get any response from simply sending an email to such a large company,which I guess is understandable. Although I doubt Linus really cares, and adding fuel to the drama with a response video didn't help either.

Unbelievable.  

Go medieval on his buttock if you have to. (Gump Fiction).

If you don't you will continue to have to deal with him.

Also, others will try. 

Has he actually brain washed his moderators

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.8ghz | Motherboard: GIGABYTE Gaming Z270XP-SLI | Graphics Card: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 250GB 960 Evo PCIe NVMe | 2 x Seagate 1TB [raid1] - overflow stuff | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb [raid0] - games | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Corsair 400C | Cooling: Kraken x62 AIO | 3 x Corsair AF140 | 1x Noctua  NF-F12 | SoundSoundblaster Zx through  KRK Rokit G5 monitors 

To be updated... when I get time

16 minutes ago, chris cooper said:

The chat is soo toxic it is actually funny!  

Yep and that's the problem, his fans will just take anything he says at face value without thinking about what they are saying or who it hurts. 

This basically backs up my point...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I really just wanted this whole thing to be done with. I don't understand why Carey has to not only double down, but also misconstrue Linus's words to benefit his side. Anyone to him that supports Linus is just a "child" that doesn't understand the system, when it's clearly the opposite, and is going as far as banning anyone who says otherwise. Interestingly enough, a lot of the mods, except maybe 2 or 3, agrees with Linus's side, but doesn't want to prod Carey on the subject.

7 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Also, the mods have been deleting any comments in the live chat that support Linus. They are also banning people that say they support Linus.

I've lost all respect for Carey now.

He just has way too many mods, even some of his mods are saying stop deleting comments lol :D

5 hours ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

That single video isn't a summary of his channel per-say but the quality and lack of research behind it, is.

I had never heard of him, but I couldn't finish watching this single video. I can understand (not knowing his background, how familiar h is with YT's mechanisms, etc) a surprised, even angry reaction, much like The Linux Gamer had, especially if you didn't receive many, if any, claims in the past. And I don't think one should overplay the "contact LMG" argument, as may fall too close to Patay's "why didn't you contact me?" argument (yes, I know the cases are differentI know in Vox's case it required an action by an actual person, who could have talked to Kyle, while this was a bot so it can't really give you a call, but see it from the perspective of someone on the receiving end and not fully understanding what's going on). But it quickly goes beyond "how dare you accuse me?" into full conspiracy, and it just became embarrassing to watch. I thought he would start screaming "they're turning the frogs gay!" any minute... 9_9

The Linux Gamer took his video down now, but if you compare the two you can clearly see the difference between an understandably emotional reaction, and a forced escalation to "let's make a scandal quickly, spare no bullshit!".

5 hours ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

No offense to Tech Deals fans as I've been watching him for a long while but even he is more interesting. Tech Deals isn't the most interesting, comes off as dorky/nerdy but my God is he leagues better to watch.

Indeed, one may or may not find Tech Deals interesting, fun, or worth watching at all, but I think it's hard to deny he has a 100% professional attitude and a commitment to do his best, however good or bad that may be. He clearly has a "this is my job" attitude, rather than "I'm just interesting, so I'll have a camera around while I do stuff" attitude other Youtubers seem to have. (I can't possibly know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that, together with his size and growth rate, is one of the reasons he was brought in for the early stages of Floatplane) 

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Although I doubt Linus really cares, and adding fuel to the drama with a response video didn't help either.

I think he and the company cares. 

You have someone making accusations even after an explanation is given.

That would my last public response to him though.

This is where lawyers earn their pay. 

I'm going ton declare the gentleman unhinged.

Any further public response to him will just generate more from him.

"Don’t Ever Wrestle With A Pig. You’ll Both Get Dirty, But The Pig Will Enjoy It.”

The guy enjoys being a martyr.  

This is very unfortunate. He made his video, attacking linus personally, asking for Linus' response. Linus made his response, and carey thinks he's lying. I currently am watching his stream, and claims he is going to be taking linus to court. He is telling the mods to ban everyone who isnt on his side. Thankfully, I got my opinion in before he started. What a shame. I have been a supporter of his for a long time.

-Nick

5 minutes ago, nicholasfd said:

This is very unfortunate. He made his video, attacking linus personally, asking for Linus' response. Linus made his response, and carey thinks he's lying. I currently am watching his stream, and claims he is going to be taking linus to court. He is telling the mods to ban everyone who isnt on his side. Thankfully, I got my opinion in before he started. What a shame. I have been a supporter of his for a long time.

It's a shame but he needs help mentally, he just ain't thinking straight. I know this is kind of cruel to say but I wholehearted believe he's got something wrong with himself and needs help, if he ever thinks he's going to get this through court then he's out of his mind. To actively promote bulling towards Linus, the LMG staff and our community is just another reason that backs up my point. 

He's definitely one that's gone rouge...  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

He's currently building a z390 build with a k-series intel chip for a non-enthusiast build for a non-gamer.

8th/9th gen intel chip for word processing... what a waste of power.

edit: 9700k , apparently, jeebus.

19 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

-snip-

Fair point, though as far as the contact argument goes it's much different from Vox's as you pointed out. They're in the same industry on the same platform, and lack the faceless-ness of a large corporation. While these are all subjective points, they certainly add to the argument against him where he decided not contact Linus directly. Waiting for the video where he "apologizes" and blames it on his mental state caused by his ill father. Carey has a childish "Why am I NOT GROWING? It can't be my fault, someone's out to get me" attitude. He's using Linus as a sad attempt at a mental crutch because he refuses to acknowledge the failure of his channel. He convinced himself that it's true and is now going to pay dearly. He called out other TechTubers like Jayz for christs sake to draw comparisons about why he doesn't get growth. Jayz puts a ton of effort into his videos, has a VERY strong IT background and funnels a ton of channel finances into the channel itself. I'm honestly disgusted by his response and self loathing behavior. Carey acts as though he deserves more than he's given and acts like he's entitled to a stronger viewer base. Fuck you, why don't you start caring about the people who are ALREADY here and thanking us instead of bitching about not having more subscribers.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Just now, electronbeam said:

He's currently building a z390 build with a k-series intel chip for a non-enthusiast build for a non-gamer.

8th/9th gen intel chip for word processing... what a waste of power.

Yeah - don't mention that in his chat get banned - Get the same performance on an i3. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.8ghz | Motherboard: GIGABYTE Gaming Z270XP-SLI | Graphics Card: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 250GB 960 Evo PCIe NVMe | 2 x Seagate 1TB [raid1] - overflow stuff | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb [raid0] - games | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Corsair 400C | Cooling: Kraken x62 AIO | 3 x Corsair AF140 | 1x Noctua  NF-F12 | SoundSoundblaster Zx through  KRK Rokit G5 monitors 

1 minute ago, chris cooper said:

Yeah - don't mention that in his chat get banned - Get the same performance on an i3. 

He should be using a Ryzen 3 2200g Lmao, saw that btw. The 2200g outclasses the i3 for a significantly lower sticker price with better priced "non-gaming" chipset mobos.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

He should be using a Ryzen 3 2200g Lmao, saw that btw. The 2200g outclasses the i3 for a significantly lower sticker price with better priced "non-gaming" chipset mobos.

Not sure why there is a 1070 in there too hahahaha

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The problem being LTT only gave an explanation, I'm not sure if LMG is but it seems like they don't want to actively help smaller channels by doing anything with the contentID, he and Fullscreen has to have some control over it. The ID strikes have his name on it so Linus should be helping even though the flags are automatic.

After what the guy has been through to be fair,and apparently he's getting trolled pretty hard and I can guess he's afraid of getting swatted by some troll again.

Twitch users that get swatted don't react like this. LMG, other users and YT's own stipulation clearly explain that ID flags are by YT's system. All the creator has to do is reach out/battle it.

The Louvre

1 minute ago, chris cooper said:

Not sure why there is a 1070 in there too hahahaha

Link me the stream? Not on it anymore LOL used incognito.

The Louvre

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

After what the guy has been through to be fair,and apparently he's getting trolled pretty hard and I can guess he's afraid of getting swatted by some troll again.

If this is what he's gone through then he absolutely needs help. He needs to talk to someone who can understand what he's been through and he needs time to mentally recover, it's no good letting all of this build up then releasing it all onto a person who has done no harm whatsoever. 

زندگی از چراغ

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

Link me the stream? Not on it anymore LOL used incognito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abj5e-LhDoQ

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

What vid are you watching? He went with a 9700K, I don't see any problem with that. It's ironic people are calling him out claiming he doesn't know how business works, he's building what the customer wants, but you'll probably think i'm just fanboying for the guy.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

What vid are you watching? He went with a 9700K, I don't see any problem with that. It's ironic people are calling him out claiming he doesn't know how business works, he's building what the customer wants, but you'll probably think i'm just fanboying for the guy.

I think people get that he is building what the customer wants.  But there is an element of telling the customer what they actually need, that's good practice.  My first question would be what are you using it for.  Do you realise this will give you the same performance for £XXX less...  I don't know that just my thoughts on it.

5 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

It's not a bad part selection it's just... way overkill for the use case.

We're approaching $1400 for this build.

7 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I don't fanboy for anyone and could care less if someone's a fanboy themselves. The problem is he's building a "non-gaming" build with a 9700k and a 1070 on a z390 motherboard. All you need is a 2200g with its more than capable integrated GPU or maybe an RX 580/570 if you want to go overkill on a cheaper non gaming mobo. He's using an Aorus Gaming X, a 9700k and a 1070. He way over sold the customer no matter how you look at it. Hell he just said in his live stream that he "doesn't care what others say if it's negative, why would that be important? what matters are the customers, who cares what flyguy79 has to say no one's gonna read that".

The Louvre

59 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I had never heard of him, but I couldn't finish watching this single video. I can understand (not knowing his background, how familiar h is with YT's mechanisms, etc) a surprised, even angry reaction, much like The Linux Gamer had, especially if you didn't receive many, if any, claims in the past. And I don't think one should overplay the "contact LMG" argument, as may fall too close to Patay's "why didn't you contact me?" argument (yes, I know the cases are differentI know in Vox's case it required an action by an actual person, who could have talked to Kyle, while this was a bot so it can't really give you a call, but see it from the perspective of someone on the receiving end and not fully understanding what's going on). But it quickly goes beyond "how dare you accuse me?" into full conspiracy, and it just became embarrassing to watch. I thought he would start screaming "they're turning the frogs gay!" any minute... 9_9

The Linux Gamer took his video down now, but if you compare the two you can clearly see the difference between an understandably emotional reaction, and a forced escalation to "let's make a scandal quickly, spare no bullshit!".

Indeed, one may or may not find Tech Deals interesting, fun, or worth watching at all, but I think it's hard to deny he has a 100% professional attitude and a commitment to do his best, however good or bad that may be. He clearly has a "this is my job" attitude, rather than "I'm just interesting, so I'll have a camera around while I do stuff" attitude other Youtubers seem to have. (I can't possibly know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that, together with his size and growth rate, is one of the reasons he was brought in for the early stages of Floatplane) 

This is different with The Linux Gamer, his case was more of fair use for using LTT's clips in a video, it was solved quickly and LTT actually stepped in to help, with this other guy since he hasn't taken the video down I can only guess the claims haven't been resolved yet I don't know how long it takes automated claims to get resolved as being actually false. But yeah the "you should have contacted me first" comes off as the usual "traditional media" that huge companies like Vox/The Verge use to prevent people from putting up any criticism against them.

I've watched Tech Deals since he was pretty new to making videos, he has that professional appeal,I think he used to own some kind of IT consultant company so he's definitely very experienced and great at speaking. I do think Carey can do better though, he seems to not want to provide much more as he always says the videos are free for viewers to watch and I think he does have talent, he can be very professional and IIRC he did a build series for Newegg before.

18 minutes ago, chris cooper said:

I think people get that he is building what the customer wants.  But there is an element of telling the customer what they actually need, that's good practice.  My first question would be what are you using it for.  Do you realise this will give you the same performance for £XXX less...  I don't know that just my thoughts on it.

I don't disagree with that at all, would be much better practice to discuss with a buyer they only need an i3 or a Ryzen 3,although most custom builders will try to do the same selling you a way overkill setup.