50 fps???

creephdGT

So when i play CS:GO i usually get 200-250fps avg. and sometimes, for no reason, it caps itself at 50 fps for 10 sec, at most, and goes back to normal. Any ideas what the problem could be? I´d like to think it has to do something with the PC where it thinks i´d be tabed out of the game because i seem to have the problem on other games aswell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What are your specs?
Did you recently update drivers?
Did you change game settings?
Have you tried reinstalling said games?

12 minutes ago, PCMasterRaceFTWWW said:

What are your specs?
Did you recently update drivers?
Did you change game settings?
Have you tried reinstalling said games?

i5 6600, GTX 1070, 8GB Ram.

No.

No.

Yes.

Just now, creephdGT said:

i5 6600, GTX 1070, 8GB Ram.

No.

No.

Yes.

Weird, this does happen to me. But considering i consider 50fps playable ive never noticed it that badly. Did it recently start doing this or has it always done it? Also if you could please attach a picture of the usage of the CPU when playing, trying to rule out a bottleneck

Well it doesnt only cap itself but also rather stutter and lag in a sence

ltt.png

I am wondering if it is just RAM. 80% RAM usage thanks to 2 gigs on Chrome, and the game is hitting points where RAM is maxed and it has to pull from storage. 

If you run just CS GO by itself, does it have these slow periods?

On 2/17/2019 at 10:45 AM, creephdGT said:

Well it doesnt only cap itself but also rather stutter and lag in a sence

ltt.png

If you have the game in fullscreen mode when taking this screenshot, the cpu and gpu usage may not be truly indicative of actual usage as the game is not being rendered whilst in the background. Even for CSGO, the cpu suage actually looks quite low. If the game is indeed running in fullscreen, could you change it to windowed or borderless windowed and post another screenshot? I would have to say though, your biggest concern may be RAM. 16GB is the minimum I would recommend for gaming while also multitasking in today's applications. 

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

• 3 weeks later...

See, with windowed & borderless windowed, the game caps itself automatically at 60 so it can´t show the full potential of that issue since i normally play at 120-180fps and i think it could be some sort of software issue, since it not only happens to CS:GO but other games aswell, just not as dramatic. It´s fixes itself when i tab back in again even though i always was tabed in that game. If you are still interessted in the usage then here it is and it has less of an impact on gameplay when i only play "X" game. (borderless windowed).

EDIT: Also would like to add that i do not have a 80+ psu since its a prebuild

a.pngAls