headphones for gaming? help

hi i currently have like a really shity gaming headset and am looking to get into a headphone and mic combe so first I need to decide on which headphones I'm going for and I need your help my decide I was look8ing at the at 990 pro which are open back headphones and I should have mentioned that it is really important for them to be open back because of the soundstage and I was also looking at the massdrop Sennheiser headphones like the 58x and the 6xx or something in the price range of about 200 USD pls keep in mind I don't have an amp or a DAC though I can probably scrape another 50 bucks for one so if anyone has a recommendation for a 250 USD hookup with an amp or something that doesn't need one in that range let me know also what is the difference between the 58x and the 6xx for gaming very unclear from the reviews I watched. should note I play mostly fps games so great imaging is a priority

edit: I am definitely not getting a headset I want that open back design and that great audio quality for music

1 hour ago, yadinmere said:

hi i currently have like a really shity gaming headset and am looking to get into a headphone and mic combe so first I need to decide on which headphones I'm going for and I need your help my decide I was look8ing at the at 990 pro which are open back headphones and I should have mentioned that it is really important for them to be open back because of the soundstage and I was also looking at the massdrop Sennheiser headphones like the 58x and the 6xx or something in the price range of about 200 USD pls keep in mind I don't have an amp or a DAC though I can probably scrape another 50 bucks for one so if anyone has a recommendation for a 250 USD hookup with an amp or something that doesn't need one in that range let me know also what is the difference between the 58x and the 6xx for gaming very unclear from the reviews I watched. should note I play mostly fps games so great imaging is a priority

edit: I am definitely not getting a headset I want that open back design and that great audio quality for music

I have the DT990 Pros, and I love them. I personally don't notice them being too bright like others have complained about, but that may just be me. They do need an amp though. The HD 58x are an excellent choice, and aren't far off sound quality wise from the HD 660s. Another option that wouldn't be bad is the HiFiMAN HE-350, though I would say to keep in mind that you may want to swap the pads for Brainwaves angled velour pads, and the arms aren't the best build quality(mine arrived broken on a Monday, but after reaching out to HiFiMAN, they had a replacement in my hands by the same Friday).
As for an dac/amp, you've got a few different options, all dependent of what you have left in the budget and what you're looking for.

I was told by a friend that the sound stage on the HD 58x wasn't the best for gaming thou the imaging is really good but I don't know if the sacrifice is sound stage worth it or will I better on with the 990 pros keep in mind this is mostly for gaming

and what amp will i need for the DT990 pro