Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigmoney

The best non-16:9 laptop?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I can't seem to find many non-16:9 options out there. Can anyone recommend a gaming/workstation laptop with a taller screen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigmoney said:

I can't seem to find many non-16:9 options out there. Can anyone recommend a gaming/workstation laptop with a taller screen?

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life?


Laptop recommender and enthusiast

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

How to undervolt CPU and GPU in laptops

 

Laptop Reviews:

Spoiler

Lenovo Legion Y520 - no.16 most viewed review in LTT forum (as of 25/11)

Illegear Selenite Illegear Onyx Commandos Glock 5 Illegear Raven Acer Aspire 5

Specs of my Y530:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB NVMe SSD+Seagate ST1000LM035 1TB 5400RPM HDD (spare)

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I think the MacBook Pro comes closes as to what i'm looking for, but i don't want an Apple device. The only metric that matters to me is productivity (hense the taller screen) and multitasking. So basically something with an 8750H or better and hopefully a good GPU for gaming.

 

TBH i don't know if such a thing exists (except the MacBook), but short of that i think people might find it useful to see a list like bindydad123 made (the ones i found when searching were old).

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigmoney said:

snip

Please answer:

17 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life?


Laptop recommender and enthusiast

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

How to undervolt CPU and GPU in laptops

 

Laptop Reviews:

Spoiler

Lenovo Legion Y520 - no.16 most viewed review in LTT forum (as of 25/11)

Illegear Selenite Illegear Onyx Commandos Glock 5 Illegear Raven Acer Aspire 5

Specs of my Y530:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB NVMe SSD+Seagate ST1000LM035 1TB 5400RPM HDD (spare)

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Where are you from?
I live in Denmark at the moment
Budget?

3000USD

Usage?

Programming (Virtual machine use/Docker) and occasionally gaming
Any preference on weight and battery life?

I would like something light, portable and with a long battery life as i travel a lot, but i don't want to have to deal with thermal throttling

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bigmoney said:

I would like something light, portable and with a long battery life

Max weight in kg/lbs and min battery life in hours?


Laptop recommender and enthusiast

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

How to undervolt CPU and GPU in laptops

 

Laptop Reviews:

Spoiler

Lenovo Legion Y520 - no.16 most viewed review in LTT forum (as of 25/11)

Illegear Selenite Illegear Onyx Commandos Glock 5 Illegear Raven Acer Aspire 5

Specs of my Y530:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB NVMe SSD+Seagate ST1000LM035 1TB 5400RPM HDD (spare)

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 1:59 AM, bigmoney said:

I live in Denmark at the moment

So you're buying in Denmark? Any links of online stores?


Laptop recommender and enthusiast

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

How to undervolt CPU and GPU in laptops

 

Laptop Reviews:

Spoiler

Lenovo Legion Y520 - no.16 most viewed review in LTT forum (as of 25/11)

Illegear Selenite Illegear Onyx Commandos Glock 5 Illegear Raven Acer Aspire 5

Specs of my Y530:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB NVMe SSD+Seagate ST1000LM035 1TB 5400RPM HDD (spare)

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/28/2019 at 7:09 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

So you're buying in Denmark? Any links of online stores?

I'll probably buy from amazon or from the manufacturer's website.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late reply

 

Is non 16:9 display a must to you?


Laptop recommender and enthusiast

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

How to undervolt CPU and GPU in laptops

 

Laptop Reviews:

Spoiler

Lenovo Legion Y520 - no.16 most viewed review in LTT forum (as of 25/11)

Illegear Selenite Illegear Onyx Commandos Glock 5 Illegear Raven Acer Aspire 5

Specs of my Y530:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050TI 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB NVMe SSD+Seagate ST1000LM035 1TB 5400RPM HDD (spare)

My Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 3/12/2019 at 7:50 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

Sorry for the late reply

 

Is non 16:9 display a must to you?

Yes, i've already picked out a 16:9 laptop, but i'd prefer a taller screen, which is why i'm looking into other options

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×