Cheap "gaming" phone?

GeneralOxxy

Hello. So i was thinking of buying a new phone the only reason i put "gaming" in the title is because i want to play pubg on it and fortnite so i dont need something too crazy like razer gaming phone but a daily driver that does some decent gaming my budget is 280$. Right now i have my eyes on the honor play mainly because it has a big battery and a decent processor + a big screen (oh and i can turn off the notch :)). But im not too sure if i want to buy it. and i heard that the honor play is going to be cheaper when kirin 980 gets released not too far in the future so thats why im thinking of buying it. Any suggestions?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

pocophone f1?

kirin 970<snapdragon 845

thank you i forgot about the pocophone xD  but isnt the build quality of the pocophone is cheap?

Just now, GeneralOxxy said:

thank you i forgot about the pocophone xD  but isnt the build quality of the pocophone is cheap?

actually not. it uses a really solid plastic over glass, so it's less premium, but well built.

my father has one and i used it for about two days, my personal driver is the mi8, but that's probably outside of your budget

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

actually not. it uses a really solid plastic over glass, so it's less premium, but well built.

my father has one and i used it for about two days, my personal driver is the mi8, but that's probably outside of your budget

ok thank you! :) 

3 hours ago, GeneralOxxy said:

You should differ Buiild quality and "Premium Feel".

You can have a PERFECT Build quality with Plastic, and a BAD Build Quality with Metal/Glas.

For example, is the Clearance between 2 parts even on the whole phone? Do 2 parts maybe not fit perfectly, and creating a sharp edge? Thnigs like that.

Let me show you a nice example: LG G5, that modular one from 2016. The Body was actually Metal, but the Build quality was Crap:

https://www.xda-developers.com/the-g5s-build-quality-issues-and-misleading-marketing-take-away-from-the-merit-of-its-virtues/

i'm sure you will see the issue ^^

Also, Jerryrigeverything gave it a thumbs up for durability: