Is the GIGABYTE R9 290 4Gb compatible with my psu?

Daniel D.

Hello, I have a CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite 700W.Is it compatible with the GIGABYTE R9 290 4Gb windforce 3x ОС graphics card? (does it have the connectors that i need)?

There are links for both:

Graphics card: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-R929OC-4GD#ov

PSU: http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/masterwatt-lite-series/masterwatt-lite-230v-700w/

that gpu uses 8+6 pin to my knowlege, masterwatt should have a cable that has "pci-e" written on it that goes into gpu

Personally I'd rather not get it.

I don't get why people buy high watt/low quality PSU instead of high quality/low watt PSU.

For the same money you could have gotten a higher quality, lower wattage unit from other manufacturers that are better.

And if you can't afford a 750W Platinum PSU you don't need it. A good quality 400-550W would be better and also more than enough...

Well, now you have some low quality unit that regulates 5V and 12V together...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Coolermaster PSU should be OK. It's a proper brand, although not know for PSUs exactly. I doubt it will be bad quality. Not like the unbranded fake PSUs which claim to be 750W but have one 6 pin only...

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R