Salvage

So my dear friends, here we go again!

GV5hYZa.png

My last project  went up in smoke since the company I had contacted for help with creating the vital parts of my scratch build promised more than they could keep. So here I was with all these parts I had received for that project and nothing to show for. I had a discussion with be quiet! and explained the situation, told them I wanted to do anything to make up for all this and do the best out of this crappy situation. Luckily they were kind enough to send me a Dark Base 700 so I could make a new project with all these parts... So I decided to name this proect "Salvage" which I though was suitable.

My thought with this project is a clean all air cooled build in all its "simplicity". Open up and mod parts for better airflow. Since all parts are close to inaudible that wont be an issue. Despite "access" to RGB on almost every component in this project I've decided to go with the classic red and black theme.

Components I will be using for this project

xz6SuaN.jpg

Case - be quiet! Dark Base 700
be_quiet_bgw23_dark_base_700_pc_1396073.

Mobo and CPU - MSI Gaming M7 AC and Ryzen 2 2700X
ysw032H.jpg

PSU - be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W
dlsPbZh.jpg

GPU - MSI 1050Ti Gaming X 4GB
B5dwZTV.jpg

SSD and RAM - Teamgroup Delta RGB SSD 250GB och Teamgroup Delta RGB 3000Mhz
FOtiYET.jpg

CPU cooler - be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
eMUKWX8.jpg

Fans - be quiet! Silent Wings 3
IwJw1VU.jpg

I've already started modifying the case quite a bit, but I still hope you'd want to follow me on the final parts of this project.

Once again I'd like to send a huge thanks to my sponsors for the continued support and confidence in me despite the debacle with the last project!

I thought Salvage means everything in it are used parts?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

15 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

I thought Salvage means everything in it are used parts?

O233kiV.png

That's why I went with the name :) Since english isn't my native tounge I might no be aware of all interpretations of the word though

As stated, I've already made some modifications by now. I planned to cut an opening in the top and in the front of the case and I had some parts made for this...

gT4dIIE.jpg

ejSk4n8.jpg

tBFKMWg.jpg

ULhBCXD.jpg

TLNXO6K.jpg

30wWRQH.jpg

My plans was to use a similar design for both the front and the top... but I realized that the front was designed in a way that cutting the entire piece in a similar way as the top was a no go

30wWRQH.jpg

7HY3Ply.jpg

So I'll be going with a solid front and come up with some other stuff for that part... pictures of my solution for that will come in a future update.

I thought it would be a waste not to use that nice looking piece for the front. So I took the front part of my old project and cut it so I can use it there instead.

vxab4H5.jpg

The psu shroud is cut open and I've made a piece of acrylic that will be lit up with the name of the project on it.

WEehQsS.jpg

HyJMkFc.jpg

aq2Mu9b.jpg

8oD7itm.jpg

E5AZlr1.jpg

And I've of course cut the top open so I can use that nice looking top piece...

0udke6f.jpg

looks sikh, I've been wanting to machine my own case for a long time, just haven't gotten the skills to actually model it lol

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

16 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

Was following your last project, guess it's time to follow this one now haha.

You're welcome once again ❤️

On 2/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, Emanbaird said:

looks sikh, I've been wanting to machine my own case for a long time, just haven't gotten the skills to actually model it lol

I lack the machinery for it... but as long as my ideas can be created in my friends CNC ;)
Just look around in your vicinity and someone or some company should be able to help you out

Thought it was a build made with salvaged trash parts but it's a 1k build instead

disappointed mate

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

18 hours ago, aezakmi said:

Thought it was a build made with salvaged trash parts but it's a 1k build instead

disappointed mate

Haha sorry to disappoint ;)
Hopefully you'll find it an exciting project anyway... for me it's a salvage operation in a way

Went down to the basement today to prepare everything for the paiting that I'll be doing this weekend. While I was at it I did a new backplate for the graphics card so I can paint that as well. Today I also got the news that this project will go to Computex and can be seen in the be quiet! booth at Computex :D

6HzJrBU.jpg

iAVKJYi.jpg

4 hours ago, Juniiii said:

The build would be much much better with a better gpu, get a 1660ti ?

I'm going to use this for streaming and rendering... so that card will do just fine :)

16 hours ago, Bulldogge Builds said:

I'm going to use this for streaming and rendering... so that card will do just fine :)

Uhhh ink about that chief, the 1050ti is pretty weak....

On 2/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, Juniiii said:

Uhhh ink about that chief, the 1050ti is pretty weak....

I've had no issues at all with this so far, so no worries. For gaming I've got another computer rocking a 1080Ti... so it's all good :)

Had some spare time, so I sat down and thought I'd make a pattern of some kind for the graphics card backplate and the plate for the SSD. There's a possibility to have this done in a printer for this specific thing... but at the same time I think it's fun with a personal touch. So instead of just black plates I came up with this

IjOtAz7.jpg

vKKSPW4.jpg

And primer and painting have begun...

d1qMEY0.jpg

So things are slowly moving forward :)

15 minutes ago, Bulldogge Builds said:
Had some spare time, so I sat down and thought I'd make a pattern of some kind for the graphics card backplate and the plate for the SSD. There's a possibility to have this done in a printer for this specific thing... but at the same time I think it's fun with a personal touch. So instead of just black plates I came up with this

IjOtAz7.jpg

vKKSPW4.jpg

And primer and painting have begun...

d1qMEY0.jpg

So things are slowly moving forward :)

Hold on, imma go sell my testicles so I can pay you to make me a case... good job

2 hours ago, Juniiii said:

Hold on, imma go sell my testicles so I can pay you to make me a case... good job

Haha is there a market for those? ;)

Started painting all the parts... the metal part for the top, the backplate, the plate with the project name and the part where the SSD will sit...

jXZPJDD.jpg

bkLXFl2.jpg

iuorJ3o.jpg

3NVX0Pl.jpg

After two days of headache after each painting session I realized I had to buy one of these...

2IdP4JA.jpg

So now it was no issues with headaches and all pieces could be finalized...

2cIdrND.jpg

htOyYn5.jpg

fI82K7C.jpg

T05cN9B.jpg

Now it's just to put them where they're supposed to be. The final pieces will arrive this week so this project is not far off now :)

Yesterday the final two pieces for this project finally arrived...

5gSP9e5.jpg

My plan with these are to use them like this...

6zhxcjV.jpg

I'm also going to put two acrylic pieces behind them...

18cYZkC.jpg

FyWEQi4.jpg

HkOl8vb.jpg

Primer, then they're going to be painted black...

jtJY6tl.jpg

I also took the time to redo the top part since I wasn't exactly happy with the color when it was put directly on aluminium...

7KGCJAJ.jpg

Oh damn this is going to be a great build! Definitely following this one!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

3 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Oh damn this is going to be a great build! Definitely following this one!

Hope I can satisfy you in the end ;)

More or less done with this project... some minor polishing and small details... and to fix the cable management in the back. So 99% done I'd say :D
Once I'm 100% done I'll upload more pictures!

a1UQuG1.jpg

pyN39ST.jpg

fpWywvI.jpg

yjPwJGq.jpg

The top I had made for this project turned out just the way I had planned, really happy with this :)

lBMOLdz.jpg

The project name on the PSU-shroud also turned out just the way I wanted it. I didn't want a smooth surface, rather a rugged one... so just as planned!

ejlgSBH.jpg