Changed my case and doesn’t turn on

FelixSutton

Me and my friend swapped PSU and I plugged everything in but the computer only boots on for a second and turns off. The PCIE is green and the sb power is red.when I press the on button I can hear the fan turn on and the lights turn on but only for a split second.

image.jpg

You don't have the CPU power connector plugged in. Top left side of the motherboard.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, FelixSutton said:

Me and my friend swapped PSU and I plugged everything in but the computer only boots on for a second and turns off. The PCIE is green and the sb power is red.when I press the on button I can hear the fan turn on and the lights turn on but only for a split second.

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You don't have the CPU power connector plugged in. Top left side of the motherboard.

What does the cable look like that? Because all of the cords with the psu don’t look like it will fit

1 minute ago, FelixSutton said:

What does the cable look like that? Because all of the cords with the psu don’t look like it will fit

It will be split into two groups of 4 pins.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

4 minutes ago, FelixSutton said:

image.png.df510e60c659a5f5dbad0e8094f11df6.png

Will look like the top left image. The CPU 4+4 connector.

17 minutes ago, FelixSutton said:

Me and my friend swapped PSU and I plugged everything in but the computer only boots on for a second and turns off.

Did you say "no swapbacksies"?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Image result for cpu connector

You are missing this in the top-left corner, should work fine after you plug it. No wonder you got lost in the cabling with such management.