Floatplane suggestion for 1440p

Cameroncz

Hi, 
I am new to the forum and not sure if there is somewhere hidden section for Floatplane, but I didnt find it, so I will post it here. 

As title says, I am not having best experience watching videos on Floatplane in 2k, so for now I will switch back to the youtube. I have following two problems:

1) Video is not centered, thats because there is a left menu.

2) There is no padding from the top, which makes my eyes bleed when I try to watch video in non-fullscreen. 

3) FloatPlane has right now poor support switching to fullscreen with double clicking. If you double click, video is stopped for a fraction of the second before you click for the second time and it switches to the fullscreen. This is not so bad, but could be for sure much better experience if it would just switch to the fullscreen withou pausing the video.

On fHD problem with top padding is still there, but its not so bad. On 2k however, video covers exactly half portion of the monitor, which makes is really uncomfortable to watch.

I know floatplane is not youtube and does not need to copy features from it, but it would be also nice to see is an option to switch to cinema mode or something alike. I am attaching screen of the page in 2k, you can see on first glance that it does not look good. 

floatplane.thumb.png.b8afcb79a988a67e55bdaaf5878fd26c.thumb.png.72840b8f1a21891581bcd87492949162.png

Edited by SansVarnic
Replaced pic with redacted pic.

1440p is not 2k. 1080p is 2k while 1440p is 2,5k :)

not really much to so with your post, but it confused me for a little.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Thanks for response, I am used to referring to the 1440p as a 2k, but I will edit that to avoid further confusion for other members 

9 minutes ago, Cameroncz said:

I know floatplane is not youtube and does not need to copy features from it, but it would be also nice to see is an option to switch to cinema mode or something alike. I am attaching screen of the page in 2k, you can see on first glance that it does not look good. 

Just so you are aware FP is still in Beta so there wil be some issues.

Just be sure to give feedback to the FP staff.

and also I replaced your pic with a redacted one. ;) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Thanks for the redaction, I am aware of it, thats why Ive created this post, instead of just ranting how bad it is somewhere else :D How can I get this to the FP staff to see? Should I post this somewhere else, or can I link someone from FP staff? I was hoping someone of them will notice this post :D 

They dont have a feedback address yet but this is their support link;

support@floatplane.com

image.png.f2af62478987bbae9e2ef50ec23e9db9.png

There is a FP section in the forum that is only accessible via a forum subscription that you can post feedback on but yeah I guess that would bae an issue.

Ill have to bring that up with the FP peeps for them to get a feed back link up. But I am sure its been suggested already.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER