LTT is hacking youtube likes

The YouTube view counter doesn't work correctly when videos are first uploaded by popular channels. For years, it wouldn't report the correct count for a few days, it used to just list 301 views, then Google updated it to list 301+.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

refresh the page

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Welcome to YouTube circa 2008-ish

This has been a thing with YouTube not counting views correctly for a long time.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

OP is clueless, RIP.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Educate yourself 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

How does the video have over a thousand likes, but only 301 views???? YouTube, explain!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The likes system is separate from the page views system.

The video is served from multiple locations, multiple datacenters.

Each location most likely has its own counter, and at certain intervals their system polls each separate counter and updates a global value which is what is shown to you.

They likes and the views may be added up at different times.

If you are a new uploader or you have small number of viewers, Youtube pauses the update of views at 300 until the video is checked more thoroughly.

Think of it as a spam prevention, or to prevent people from making bots that click on play automatically to get high view counts and get their videos on trending pages and other places.

After a period, it will start updating the view counter again at regular intervals - and most likely you don't lose views, the correct values will be calculated and shown when it resumes everything.

my dad owns youtube and he's gonna get this linux boy banned in no time just wait I'll tell him right nao

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

How does the video have over a thousand likes, but only 301 views???? YouTube, explain!

Exactly!! Thank you!!! 

26 minutes ago, DrProfSagi said:

I dont buy any of that! All of you are part of the conspiracy!

You are all hired by the Linus Media Group to support the illusion!

Yeah okay this is bait.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

Yeah okay this is bait.

I have no idea what you are talking about JaKe...

First of all, turn off "auto play" only busta's use it. Second, there are plenty of people who will like the video before watching, or even before it's available to watch. Why? Hell if I know why they make a judgement before seeing the case, but they must just really love LTT that much. Besides that, you'll find the same exact thing happens to EVERY popular YouTuber. It's just a thing people do, just like more people will comment before watching because they want a chance at top comment. That's all in addition to what @mariushm said, which has been a thing since forever ago.

*Sign* Conspiracy theorist alert.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

First of all, turn off "auto play" only busta's use it. Second, there are plenty of people who will like the video before watching, or even before it's available to watch. Why? Hell if I know why they make a judgement before seeing the case, but they must just really love LTT that much. Besides that, you'll find the same exact thing happens to EVERY popular YouTuber. It's just a thing people do, just like more people will comment before watching because they want a chance at top comment. That's all in addition to what @mariushm said, which has been a thing since forever ago.

There are probably many people watching and liking the video in the same time.

Secondly, YT only updates view count every hour or so.

Won’t visit often..

Common guys obviously linus is just getting the help of his alien space friends! He communicates with them through the sounds of things hitting the floor! They click like on his videos but don't have eyes so don't bother to watch them. Obviously this is all part of linuses plan of world domination!

On 2/16/2019 at 10:51 PM, DrProfSagi said:

I have no idea what you are talking about JaKe...

Hold right the fuck up.

Itamar??

Stfu Mr. "PC is also a console"

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

lmao how can there be more likes than people on the planet? the eye can only see 30fps anyway why are there more than 30 likes

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

I assume this is a troll but just to make this clear to anyone who doesn't understand:

• Counts for views and likes while numbers are small on a video with a lot of traffic will be inaccurate.  For more details, have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY_2gElt3SA
  • It is very common for likes to exceed views as die hard fans swarm the video as soon as they get a notif and like it without even watching.  You will find people commenting on having noticed this behaviour on nearly every video if you look for it, so it is not specific to LTT.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:23 AM, DrProfSagi said:

I dont buy any of that! All of you are part of the conspiracy!

You are all hired by the Linus Media Group to support the illusion!

And I thought the youths of my nation were acting stupid... 

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation.