AMD or INTEL?

Ronix97
Go to solution Solved by BigTabsAKAKyle,

Intel If you have the cash amd if your cash is restricted simple

No Citrix ?

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

What type of games? What resolution? What GPU are you pairing it with? What sort of FPS numbers are you targeting?

In some games Intel wins out whereas in others it doesn't matter and depending on a number of other factors it could be a moot point.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Intel is outright better due to higher single thread performance which is used in most games, but Ryzen is the best price/performance you can have.

It really comes down to how much you have to spend on a rig and what the best CPU for your budget is.

For example when I built my rig, I could have bought a Core i3-8100 or a Ryzen 5 1600. Kind of a no-brainer at that point, in this case Ryzen was better.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

In most cases Intel will beat AMD but in terms of price to performance an AMD CPU will most likely be the better option.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

35 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What type of games? What resolution? What GPU are you pairing it with? What sort of FPS numbers are you targeting?

In some games Intel wins out whereas in others it doesn't matter and depending on a number of other factors it could be a moot point.

All of this.

1080p/1440p/4k 60/75? Doesn't matter

1080p/1440p 144? Unlocked overclocked Intel, + a high end GPU.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

1920x1080 high-ultra settings 60+ hz

it depends on if your going for a budget build i would recommend amd if you want best of the best and dont care about price intel 

3 minutes ago, Ronix97 said:

1920x1080 high-ultra settings 60+ hz

Ryen 5 2600 specifically

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

AMD all the way. Intel just isn't worth the extra money, IMO, and you're not really losing much performance. If money is of no concern and you don't care about upgrading CPUs in the future, then Intel is a wonderful choice.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

AMD all the way. Intel just isn't worth the extra money, IMO, and you're not really losing much performance. If money is of no concern and you don't care about upgrading CPUs in the future, then Intel is a wonderful choice.

Only Intel chips worth buying at this time are the 8700k, 9700k, or 9900k with a GTX 1080 class or better GPU for high fps 1080p/1440p, or in special cases the 9600k (such as single core dependant games like WoW is all you play).

Everything else, the Ryzen 5 2600 is the absolute silver bullet for all applications, imo.

For just games, anyway.

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

Only Intel chips worth buying are the 8700k, 9700k, 9900k with a GTX 1080 class or better GPU for high for 1080p, or in special cases the 9600k (such as single core dependant games like WoW is all you play).

Everything else, the Ryzen 5 2600 is the absolute silver bullet for all applications, imo.

For just games, anyway.

yea im planning to play hunt showdown, max settings altho rn i cannot play it low constant 60 fps without stuttering :/

3 minutes ago, Ronix97 said:

yea im planning to play hunt showdown, max settings altho rn i cannot play it low constant 60 fps without stuttering :/

What's your current system

12 minutes ago, Ronix97 said:

Any new system you build with either Ryzen or Intel can handle 60 FPS extremely easily as long as you get a decent graphics card.

14 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Only Intel chips worth buying at this time are the 8700k, 9700k, or 9900k with a GTX 1080 class or better GPU for high fps 1080p/1440p, or in special cases the 9600k (such as single core dependant games like WoW is all you play).

I don't disagree. If you only game, why not. I still prefer AMD as Intel needs to get back on track and quit releasing shitty refreshes.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

7 minutes ago, BigTabsAKAKyle said:

Intel If you have the cash amd if your cash is restricted simple

That's a pretty dumb statement. AMD is the better choice in a lot of cases where money isn't a factor.

Maybe if you said Intel if all you do is game, AMD if gaming isn't your number one priority.

7 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

That's a pretty dumb statement. AMD is the better choice in a lot of cases where money isn't a factor.

Maybe if you said Intel if all you do is game, AMD if gaming isn't your number one priority.

Did i say one was better than the other nope i said clearly Intel if the OP had money and if on a budget AMD  

29 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

I don't see many scenarios where the 9900k loses to the 2700xin gaming or productivity; but in HEDT clearly the TR is a much better deal and in terms of practical application the 2700x is a better value.

$550 for the 9900k is a bit much to swallow

5 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

I don't see many scenarios where the 9900k loses to the 2700xin gaming or productivity; but in HEDT clearly the TR is a much better deal and in terms of practical application the 2700x is a better value.

yea i am going to play games 24/7 but i was thinking to stream or something

2 minutes ago, Ronix97 said:

yea i am going to play games 24/7 but i was thinking to stream or something

Either way you are planning on 1080p/60, so I would say get a 2600 or 2700 if you want some more breathing room for multitasking.

Both are cheaper than 8700k or better Intel chips and will yield the same results (or better in terms of 2700 and game streaming) for less money, in that scenario.

34 minutes ago, BigTabsAKAKyle said:

Did i say one was better than the other nope i said clearly Intel if the OP had money and if on a budget AMD  

Is that not saying one is better than the other? What if AMD was 10x better at everything at a cheaper price? Would you still only say AMD if you're on a budget?

11 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Very true. Good point. You could get a 12 core TR for near the same price as a 9900K.

2 hours ago, Ronix97 said:

What cpu is better for gaming, amd cpu or intel cpu?

You're asking about brands instead of products.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Is that not saying one is better than the other? What if AMD was 10x better at everything at a cheaper price? Would you still only say AMD if you're on a budget?

Very true. Good point. You could get a 12 core TR for near the same price as a 9900K.

Not really im saying one is more expensive and one is cheaper so you think the cost of a product defines it. Also the OP never stated which one he was looking into hence R3 R5 R7 for amd and Intel I3 I5 I7 i9.