Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raden.fauzan

Where is Ivan and Luke

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

Was there some sort of post?  Either way it isn't really our business unless they decide to talk about it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snipergod87 said:

Was there some sort of post?  Either way it isn't really our business unless they decide to talk about it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 5:30 AM, Minibois said:

Channel Super Fun; LTT's third channel (or fourth, of you count LinusCatTips), which (used to be, rip) their kind of non-serious channel.

They used to use it to upload pranks and some (outdoor) games to; in one of the (older) CSF videos a person appeared, who never was at LMG again (as far as I remember).

I think "the bad hire" was the pretty brunette in the axe throwing video with one of the last videos with Nicky V in it.  She apparently badmouthed LTT as being a male chauvinistic and a little boys playground on facebook or twitter after she left LTT.  She only appeared in that one video.  I think Colton and Dennis were in this video too.  I can't remember her name... but she was only in the axe throwing video.  I think she and Maxine were hired around the same time.

 

Someone in chat when Linus was live streaming that info said that LTT was being sued by Ivan... I hope that isn't true.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it true that Ivan is going after LMG or did he just go on to other things? I know that the staff can't be specific (legally if it was bad) but does no one else know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think LMG has a responsibility to respect the privacy of its past and present employees. It's perfectly reasonable for them to not go into detail unless those people explicitly desire an announcement. I personally wouldn't want my past employer broadcasting that I left them, and I left on excellent terms (think high Senior Vice President offering me a promotion or two to stay). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard G said:

think "the bad hire" was the pretty brunette in the axe throwing video with one of the last videos with Nicky V in it.

you talking about this video? 

 

and this girl?

https://twitter.com/cp_johnston

 


PC Specs: 

CPU - intel i5 4570

10 GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Storage: 1TB SSD + 2TB HDD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poochyena said:

Wait, he isn't dead is he

I've been asking myself "is Ivan dead?" ever since Linus said "Ivan is no longer with us". I assume he's just left LMG and moved onto other things though.


If you're replying to someone then quote/tag them, otherwise they won't see your response.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Build Guide Megathread | GPU Cooler Tier ListX99 Xeon/i7 Discussion

 

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 136

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB + WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Blaupunkt 32" TV + Samsung S24D590L 

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

My phone:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy S7 (G930F)

CPU: Exynos 8890

RAM: 4GB

GPU: Mali-T880 MP12

Storage: 32GB (internal storage) + 128GB (Samsung microSD card)

Mobile provider: Vodafone + Cell C

My laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

RAM: 8GB DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X

Storage: 1TB HDD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poochyena said:

> Ivan is no longer with us

Wait, he isn't dead is he

 

1 hour ago, XR6 said:

I've been asking myself "is Ivan dead?" ever since Linus said "Ivan is no longer with us". I assume he's just left LMG and moved onto other things though.

Nah, February 16 on this post linus confirms he is not dead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

but: is Ivan back to Russia to getting ready for the world overtake?

does he kick trump somewhere and shows him how to react on the phone?

 

we hopefully wait for the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JulianWendler said:

but: is Ivan back to Russia to getting ready for the world overtake?

does he kick trump somewhere and shows him how to react on the phone?

 

we hopefully wait for the answer.

he's soviet canadian ._.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Ivan dead no he is not, Did he get fired , Is he suing LTT or Was he found drinking Vodka while doing the Hokey Pokey in the bedroom set by him self at LTT. People we will probably never find out what happened. Privacy is what privacy is privacy.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

569446503_RIPIvan(cc).png.adeed1645b7767b0a85e278daac5f27f.png


All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

 

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

OS: Windows 7

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came here following the employee live stream (though I didnt watch it live...) shame to see Ivan has gone, hopefully it was all on good terms :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, that means no second season to that undercover cops show. Or one where most of the actors get replaced to cash in on a good name. Noooo~

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Either working for Linus Tech Tips or Howard Stern are two jobs that I would never want to leave.

Can't imagine I'd ever want to leave Open Bionics if I ever got the chance to work there. Its very much the dream job, working with development, prototyping and outreach in that field. Open Bionics is kinda a special dream job for me, as its almost scary how much of a mirror image of the business initiative I always Imagined I'd establish myself one day, if no one else did by the time I finished my re-education.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Either working for Linus Tech Tips or Howard Stern are two jobs that I would never want to leave.

I don't want to speak for the employees of this company, but making videos on tight deadlines seems to be a very stressful job and some people might not be up for that for many years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I don't want to speak for the employees of this company, but making videos on tight deadlines seems to be a very stressful job and some people might not be up for that for many years.

Tight? I think the tightest video I've seen is 3 weeks after filming, so maybe 2 weeks with float plane. LTT got serious gripe over posting a very outdated video about cryptocurrencies. Tight would be 1 week or less from the day of shooting and keep high production values.

This video was released on the 24th of march the computer displays March 3rd which means it took 21 days to hit youtube or 14 to hit FP. Now assuming shooting took a whole day which I really doubt (but loading all data on to the work server likely would have cause the delay) which makes it 13 days till release. This means assuming the overseer of editing has 1 day to crawl threw the video and the uploader has 1 day to do so and ensure everything is ok makes it so the editor has 11 days to edit, less weekends, so the editor has till the 15th to complete their job. This means if the editor has that one video for that whole time to edit (which is doubtful), this means they have 8 days to edit a video or about 64 hours of time to do so or about 5 hours per minute of video on FP/YT. I can tell you right now the first 3-12 hours will be watching the raw video files for the best parts to start and end edits following notes done when recorded. I would say being the editor at LTT is a fairly easy job if and only if you know what you are doing as their demands are nothing like this:

 

(Watch the video that dance is for, you should understand)

 

Is it hard work? Yes, but the timelines per editor are probably very loose as in if you are a day late you won't get fired because the company lost all ad revenue and the sponsor backed out for that one video, tho obvious a actual sponsor spot video (like the honor phones) would have weeks in prep with the best editors put onto the project or with plenty of time (likely a month).

Edited by Egg-Roll
Forgot to put a video link in
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 11:40 AM, Egg-Roll said:

Tight? I think the tightest video I've seen is 3 weeks after filming, so maybe 2 weeks with float plane. LTT got serious gripe over posting a very outdated video about cryptocurrencies. Tight would be 1 week or less from the day of shooting and keep high production values.

This video was released on the 24th of march the computer displays March 3rd which means it took 21 days to hit youtube or 14 to hit FP. Now assuming shooting took a whole day which I really doubt (but loading all data on to the work server likely would have cause the delay) which makes it 13 days till release. This means assuming the overseer of editing has 1 day to crawl threw the video and the uploader has 1 day to do so and ensure everything is ok makes it so the editor has 11 days to edit, less weekends, so the editor has till the 15th to complete their job. This means if the editor has that one video for that whole time to edit (which is doubtful), this means they have 8 days to edit a video or about 64 hours of time to do so or about 5 hours per minute of video on FP/YT. I can tell you right now the first 3-12 hours will be watching the raw video files for the best parts to start and end edits following notes done when recorded. I would say being the editor at LTT is a fairly easy job if and only if you know what you are doing as their demands are nothing like this:

 

(Watch the video that dance is for, you should understand)

 

Is it hard work? Yes, but the timelines per editor are probably very loose as in if you are a day late you won't get fired because the company lost all ad revenue and the sponsor backed out for that one video, tho obvious a actual sponsor spot video (like the honor phones) would have weeks in prep with the best editors put onto the project or with plenty of time (likely a month).

Uh... tight completion deadlines don't have to be accompanied by tight release timelines. You can have one without the other.

 

You're assuming that an editor doesn't have 5+ other videos to work on during any 14-day span, which would be a false assumption.

 

And you're also assuming zero variance in workflow. We release videos within 24-48 hours of shooting at events like CES. We often receive products on a Tuesday which have an embargo date of Friday of that same week.

 

I'd urge you to think a bit more critically before making sweeping judgments on how "easy" someone else's job is. I assure you that everyone here works long hours and wouldn't call their job "easy."


Sign up for Floatplane. Do it. It's fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Uh... tight completion deadlines don't have to be accompanied by tight release timelines. You can have one without the other.

 

You're assuming that an editor doesn't have 5+ other videos to work on during any 14-day span, which would be a false assumption.

 

And you're also assuming zero variance in workflow. We release videos within 24-48 hours of shooting at events like CES. We often receive products on a Tuesday which have an embargo date of Friday of that same week.

 

I'd urge you to think a bit more critically before making sweeping judgments on how "easy" someone else's job is. I assure you that everyone here works long hours and wouldn't call their job "easy."

I was gonna say, that was a lot of false assumptions rolled into one.

 

Just because *some* of the videos are filmed 2-3 weeks in advance of release, doesn't tell you anything about the editors workflow. I imagine the deadlines are quite tight, since even if the video they are editing won't go up for 2 weeks, they've still likely got 5-10 other videos to edit in a backlog, and still need to get the video DONE 2 weeks early, to deal with situations where you guys cannot put out normal videos due to other events or unforeseen circumstances, etc.


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I was gonna say, that was a lot of false assumptions rolled into one.

 

Just because *some* of the videos are filmed 2-3 weeks in advance of release, doesn't tell you anything about the editors workflow. I imagine the deadlines are quite tight, since even if the video they are editing won't go up for 2 weeks, they've still likely got 5-10 other videos to edit in a backlog, and still need to get the video DONE 2 weeks early, to deal with situations where you guys cannot put out normal videos due to other events or unforeseen circumstances, etc.

For sure. This isn't really direct to you, but hey here's a general reply for anyone interested:

 

 

To give you an idea of what makes up our editors' days, here's a very quick & dirty breakdown.

 

We currently have 4 full-time editors on staff. So 160 editing manhours per week.

We publish 6-7 LTT videos, 3 Tech Quickies, and 3 TechLinked videos per week, so 12-13 videos.

 

On top of that, we create videos for brands that don't ever see the light of day on LMG-owned channels, and sometimes don't see the light of day outside of closed platforms (for internal training & education purposes). Let's say we do 2 of those per week - tough to give an exact number, but 2 is a pretty safe average.

So at the very simplest level, if all videos are considered the same and require the same amount of time spent on editing, we have 10-12 hours to spend on each video.

 

So 10-12 hours to spend on each video, that's pretty good... but that has to include rendering, exporting (2 versions - 1 for Floatplane without sponsors, and 1 for YouTube with sponsors), and uploading to our publishing platforms - this time varies video by video, but can easily take 2-3 hours for an average video.

 

This also doesn't consider QC & review. All of our videos are reviewed by the writer, who can request changes or fixes to an edit, and a manager (typically myself or Linus) who can also request changes or fixes to an edit after the writer review changes have been implemented. The writer review is there to essentially ensure that the intent of the video is being translated in the final version, there are no blatant errors (eg. the wrong name is used for a product, a graph is being used at the wrong time, etc.), and that all necessary b-roll shots have been added to fully communicate our message. The manager review is mainly in place for branding, "channel fit," and policy implementations (eg. are we listing these specs in a way that makes sense based on the way that we list specs across the rest of our videos, are all swearwords censored, are we using any copyrighted materials that could cause us to get flagged on YouTube, if so are we using them in a way that aligns with the Fair Use designation, etc.).

 

And once those 2 reviews are done and the finished version is exported, it's reviewed a THIRD time by an edit supervisor to ensure that no technical mistakes were made, and no software bugs impacted the final export (eg. the dreaded red "file not found" Adobe screen).

 

All of this can easily take 1-2 hours in total for an average 10-15 minute video.

 

And on top of all of that, we observe all standard holidays in BC (10 workdays per year, or 320 manhours per year if we're looking solely at the effect to the editing workflow), and each editor is entitled to 2 weeks of paid vacation per year as defined by law in BC (10 workdays per editor per year, or another 320 manhours per year).

 

 

So yeah... if it ever seems, at a glance, that we don't do that much work, or that the amount of people we have working here doesn't make sense... just know that there are a lot of behind-the-scenes factors that you may not be considering that make a massive difference at the end of the day :)


Sign up for Floatplane. Do it. It's fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

-snip-

Respect +100,000

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×