Where is Ivan and Luke

raden.fauzan
5 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Right...the way @LinusTech worded it is the same phrasing that people use when telling others that somebody has passed away...hopefully he is just no longer employed by LMG and is not actually "no longer with us".

Just no longer with LMG. 

9 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Anyone else notice OP's profile shows "no posts" yet made this thread? As well as made two other comments in this same thread? What's up with that?

no posts.PNG

It’s cause it’s in off topic, so it does not cpunt towards content count

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

11 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Anyone else notice OP's profile shows "no posts" yet made this thread? As well as made two other comments in this same thread? What's up with that?

no posts.PNG

Chill out dude, I've just joined like 16 hours ago, I don't even understand how things work here in this forum XD

Press F for comrade Ivan :(

I guess he couldn't handle all those ponies in this forum

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

2 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Press F for comrade Ivan :(

I guess he couldn't handle all those ponies in this forum

*starting F spamming supercomputer*

He seemed like an essential part of the team. What happened?

19 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Ivan is no longer with us, I'm afraid. 

Forreal tho linus add a sad react just for this 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

7 hours ago, raden.fauzan said:

Chill out dude, I've just joined like 16 hours ago, I don't even understand how things work here in this forum XD

Chill out? Bro that sounds rude, I was just pointing out that it was weird. I thought you were getting gypped or something.

20 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

16 hours ago, Psybadek said:

May as well and just get rid of post counts all together

16 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Nah, it kinda helps give users merit. Same with rep points (kinda sorta). If you see a user who's been here for awhile, and has a load of posts, you may be more inclined to trust them (as I've seen first hand on this very forum).

13 hours ago, Psybadek said:

I don't trust people based on their post count. Just because someone has been around doesn't equal they know what they are talking about, which I've also seen first hand here.

10 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

It’s cause it’s in off topic, so it does not cpunt towards content count

Post count is awarded to those that post in areas that discuss and help other with trouble shooting and the like. The more you Contribute the higher you post count.For areas like General Discussion and Off topic do not contribute helping resolve issue do not add to the post count. This way members can see who is has contributed more than just plain post. (Post count never equates to knowledge and why people think this makes zero logical sense) I can say that for myself my post count would be 3 times what it is now if we got post count for all the GD and OT topics and repy/comments that I have made over the years.

This forum doesn't count posts like other forums for the very reason that the post count is there to show who actually contribute.

Rep points are a better indication at that since people are giving positive and negative feedback based on replies.

I agree and disagree but this is not necessarily how they work. Rep points are counted from any comment/reply in the forum and are there to show how well received you are in the community.

Post counts are honestly useless. If I want to see how long someone has been around I'll check their profile or I'll have seen their name around a lot. To me it's pointless and honestly it's a feature I see as pointless and should have died off awhile ago. All it shows me know is who has more free time on their hands lol

As I explained above.

Now this is were this conversation will end as it has derailed from the OP.

8 hours ago, raden.fauzan said:

59 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Chill out? Bro that sounds rude, I was just pointing out that it was weird. I thought you were getting gypped or something.

These comments derail the thread so I suggest you stop as well.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

20 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Just no longer with LMG. 

Haha good I was thinking oh God what happend? Obviously so were others.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, LinusTech said:

Just no longer with LMG. 

wait ivan left or is he working for floatplane?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rip Ivan, unk.-2019

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

• 1 month later...

Wait a minute!! Was Ivan the "bad hire" linus mentioned? ?

Hey man, you be you and I'll be me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Linus was very hungry one night..... And he couldnt order take out, all of them closed for the day. His fridge was empty too. Ivan and Luke was around so he did the only logical thing.......

Linus ate them.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 hours ago, Hallinger_G said:

Wait a minute!! Was Ivan the "bad hire" linus mentioned? ?

I am pretty sure you are thinking of someone else, who appeared on CSF once in the past.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I think its safe to say LMG has zero intentions of speaking about why Ivan is no longer here, no sense in carrying on, and quite frankly the reason a person leaves a company isnt really any of our business and I would expect no comments past what we already got

37 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

Wait, who is going to be the new partner on Linum PI? 

#anyonebutJake

James is the obvious answer. He's discount Luke, and is by far the most charismatic of all the "new" (Post Brandon/Ed/Luke) hires.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, Minibois said:

I am pretty sure you are thinking of someone else, who appeared on CSF once in the past.

CSF?

Hey man, you be you and I'll be me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, Hallinger_G said:

CSF?

Channel Super Fun; LTT's third channel (or fourth, of you count LinusCatTips), which (used to be, rip) their kind of non-serious channel.

They used to use it to upload pranks and some (outdoor) games to; in one of the (older) CSF videos a person appeared, who never was at LMG again (as far as I remember).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Was there some sort of post?  Either way it isn't really our business unless they decide to talk about it.

3 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

Was there some sort of post?  Either way it isn't really our business unless they decide to talk about it.