Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DankestBunk

Wtf wan show.

3 hours ago, xhantus404 said:

Doesn't work on youtube, works on twitch though. I downloaded it from there, just in case the verge has anything to do with it, and as I glanced over it, I didn't see any compromising stuff linus may have revealed. There was an email adress, but that is a very obvious one.
Nowhere near what he spilled the other day.

Edit: Got informed where to look - yup, there was some leakage going on. It's not unreasonable to want that edited out.

would you mind sending a link? I can't find a way to watch it anywhere

3 minutes ago, TaylorDean16 said:

would you mind sending a link? I can't find a way to watch it anywhere

It's gone from twitch as well. Was watching it, refreshed page because the chat wasn't working and the video is gone.

3 minutes ago, smnhdy said:

It seemed that he WANShow from Feb 15th is now unplayable on YouTube, and has been removed from Twitch.

Whats up??

There's already another thread about this, but apparently it was taken down while they edit some personal details out of the video that slipped in there by accident.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 hours ago, dverma1232 said:

He "leaked" his address around 59 minutes. You could already search it up if you really wanted to, but he did a good thing of just ignoring it and not making it a big deal. 

He leaked shit again? Damn it Linus.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Given that the major topic was about Kyle's ordeal with The Verge, I wouldn't be surprised if Vox Media have flagged this with an absolutely ridiculous claim. Linus did show an e-mail address for Floatplane but I doubt this caused the video to be pulled down since the password was not visible though I could be wrong.   

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

21 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

@LinusTech

Sorry to tag you, but I have to tell you:

for instances like this, you have another browser installed that you only use for the Show and not under other circumstances.

And I highly recommend you do use a different browser.

Just to show Floatplane or something, if you have an older Windows Version, you could even use WIn+R -> iExplore  <- Hit Enter. And launch the good old Internet Explorer.

Or use Edge...

Google chrome has a "log in as guest" option, I think that should remove all those options. Plus, I thought they were suppose to have a "clean" laptop now? As in, clean, with bookmarks/script and nothing else?

:/ Guess it's life though, we make these little mistakes.

23 hours ago, xhantus404 said:

Oh. Yes. Found that bit. I can understand when he doesn't want to have that around. Also a bit careless to just go into that type of form field on a live stream 😧

So on the one hand, the verge maybe didn't do anything stupid here, but on the other hand Linus had an oopsie. It's clearer now, but I don't feel better about it :/

Edit: Also maybe the timecode shouldn't be mentioned too much. It's not a red-alert security breach per se, but you never know.

It's automatic muscle movements. As in, your working in IT, you check everything is working... even on a liveStream, when you should not be checking the CC field is working and saves your card. 🤣

I saw a bit of WAN show yesterday. AFAIK they are using completely different laptops since the last "oopsie", if not, they should.

These "oopsies" are the risk you're going to take when you decide to do some live streaming.

Spoiler

funny thing is I thought they got Linus a different laptop because this happened once before. Maybe a dedicated WanShow only laptop , and have someone lock it down so Linus can't do this again...…… kinda funny still

Now I feel awkward for having the entire show on my pc. After it's been pulled from everywhere.
Well, I'll watch it, enjoy the show, enjoy some beer and delete it afterwards.

I really hope they do put it back up soon'ish with Linus' sensitive bits ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) edited out. It's really nice to watch and unwind to.

Just now, snowfox99 said:

Linus accidentally leaked his address on stream, so they pulled it in order to censor that.

Well we don't know yet. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVME M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Well we don't know yet. 

It's not confirmed; however, I think it'd be correct to assume that leaking emails and your home address is reason enough to revoke the video.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Imbellis said:

It's not confirmed; however, I think it'd be correct to assume that leaking emails and your home address is reason enough to revoke the video.

It was only the address that was visible, the password was not shown (in letter/number form). 

زندگی از چراغ

4 hours ago, dverma1232 said:

I think it may have something to do with Linus show his address in the stream

Why did he not just upload everything? his income a month ago. now his address.

9 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Why did he not just upload everything? his income a month ago. now his address.

It was only an e-mail address for Floatplane, the password characters weren't visible but just showed the black dots. It is for that reason that I doubt that this is the reason why the video has being taken down. 

زندگی از چراغ

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

It was only an e-mail address for Floatplane, the password characters weren't visible but just showed the black dots. It is for that reason that I doubt that this is the reason why the video has being taken down. 

This is all? change the password and add the mail address to the "burned" mail addresses list.

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

This is all? change the password and add the mail address to the "burned" mail addresses list.

Yep that's all, a hacker would literally need to be the smartest person on earth to guess the password characters. 

زندگی از چراغ

12 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

From what I remember that was a physical address.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just now, Lathlaer said:

From what I remember that was a physical address.

No, I don't think he showed a physical address. 

زندگی از چراغ