Wtf wan show.

DankestBunk
6 hours ago, mxk. said:

So you're going to blame it on LTT? Doesn't seem very rational. It's probably YT.

yeah that's why the vod was removed and the video isn't on floatplane. damn it youtube you gone too far!

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

I tried to watch it too, and this is the error I'm getting. Rest of LTT's videos don't have this problem.

yterror.PNG

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

I tried to watch it too, and this is the error I'm getting. Rest of LTT's videos don't have this problem.

17 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

FYI:

You can still open the youtube video using VLC streaming option. Its at lowest quality though. Good enough to listen to if you cant wait however.

Just copy the address into the 'open network stream' , 'network' option.

Watching / listening to it as i type this.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

FYI:

You can still open the youtube video using VLC streaming option. Its at lowest quality though. Good enough to listen to if you cant wait however.

Just copy the address into the 'open network stream' , 'network' option.

Thanks, works well. And as a bonus the 8 bit intro looks better ?

I'm having the same issue as many of you are, the latest WAN show episode not playing. I've managed to get it working by doing the unthinkable... Using Microsoft Edge. There's probably 2 reasons this is working (at least for me). One, there's an odd bug with Chrome (and the YouTube app) and HTML5 playback that isn't a problem with Edge, or two, being logged in to a Google account makes YouTube act up, because I'm not logged into my Google account on Edge. Give it a go and fingers crossed it works.

EDIT: I tried running the video in chrome as an embedded video on a 3rd party website, but ran into the same issue. Also, the video only runs at 240p on Edge. This defo seems like a problem at Google's end.

Only getting Black screen on edge windows 10 latest updates, onboard video (*puke* i know)... let me make sure I'm logged out 

Got it working with edge, but it's 240p ONLY.

Y'all know its working on all* browsers...? The video just went live again - that's all.

Tested on Safari, Puffin, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

6 hours ago, snowfox99 said:

Linus accidentally leaked his address on stream, so they pulled it in order to censor that.

Yes but that was the address of the LTT HQ, what is publicly known anyway.

I tried the VLC approach, mentioned above, worked, then I noticed the resolution when I checked the codec info just to see why Firefox was having that screen shown by @NumLock21. 360p was what it was and chrome showed that for the YouTube Video in question.

Conclusion:

1) VLC is a good out of the way work around.

2) Any one with a YouTube HD add-on/extension will or may get that screen. Disabling (possibly will work if the "preferred resolution was set lower) the YouTube HD contraption worked to get Firefox to play this video.

Who knows, perhaps they used a different camera to live stream. Maybe a non-HD cam. Things do seem interestingly unstable and unpredictable at LMG. At least they are never bored. lol

so i watched it live, so didnt check, but on my end 

it doesnt play on chrome, 

works fine on edge, so i suggest persons use that instead 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

1 minute ago, thinwalrus said:

It was not removed. Just corrupted videos over 360p.

It was essentially offline before. You couldn't even choose a quality setting at all, it was all black.

Now I can also confirm that it's back online, but only 360p works and 720p doesn't.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I missed the livestream and both the twitch and youtube archives don't wanna play. Is there something wrong with the video?

try it on a different browser, it doesnt play on chrome, but plays on edge , 

i dont know why that is

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Works fine in Chrome at 360p as well gota be some sort of upload error

On youtube?

yeah same, shows an error.

On twitch it doesn't even load.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's not just you, it's everyone. You can get it to play it in 360p if before you press play, you adjust the resolution settings in YouTube to set it to 360p, and then press play.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

ahh.. just play in 360p for now... corrupted video. 

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

It's not just you, it's everyone. You can get it to play it in 360p if before you press play, you adjust the resolution settings in YouTube to set it to 360p, and then press play.

youtube *copyright* out of control?? more like youtube in general out of control. 

They just talk about the Verge YT copyright strikes the whole time, OK one to miss out on.

4 hours ago, WhatsAFoote said:

They just talk about the Verge YT copyright strikes the whole time, OK one to miss out on.

They also talk about the differences between strikes and claims in light of some idiotic accusations that have been made towards them on these forums so for me it was interesting to follow. One of the few WAN shows when they did a really in depth discussion on the topic actually listed :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

yea they soo have linus home adress in there lol on google maps the house looks nice on the outsiude pretty Tree in the front yard.  

5 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

hey also talk about the differences between strikes and claims in light of some idiotic accusations that have been made towards them on these forums so for me it was interesting to follow.

Considering another one just popped up, it would be good if more people watched that WAN show.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro