Wtf wan show.

DankestBunk
21 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

@LinusTech

Sorry to tag you, but I have to tell you:

for instances like this, you have another browser installed that you only use for the Show and not under other circumstances.

And I highly recommend you do use a different browser.

Just to show Floatplane or something, if you have an older Windows Version, you could even use WIn+R -> iExplore  <- Hit Enter. And launch the good old Internet Explorer.

Or use Edge...

Google chrome has a "log in as guest" option, I think that should remove all those options. Plus, I thought they were suppose to have a "clean" laptop now? As in, clean, with bookmarks/script and nothing else?

:/ Guess it's life though, we make these little mistakes.

23 hours ago, xhantus404 said:

Oh. Yes. Found that bit. I can understand when he doesn't want to have that around. Also a bit careless to just go into that type of form field on a live stream ?

So on the one hand, the verge maybe didn't do anything stupid here, but on the other hand Linus had an oopsie. It's clearer now, but I don't feel better about it :/

Edit: Also maybe the timecode shouldn't be mentioned too much. It's not a red-alert security breach per se, but you never know.

It's automatic muscle movements. As in, your working in IT, you check everything is working... even on a liveStream, when you should not be checking the CC field is working and saves your card. ?

I saw a bit of WAN show yesterday. AFAIK they are using completely different laptops since the last "oopsie", if not, they should.

These "oopsies" are the risk you're going to take when you decide to do some live streaming.

Spoiler

funny thing is I thought they got Linus a different laptop because this happened once before. Maybe a dedicated WanShow only laptop , and have someone lock it down so Linus can't do this again...…… kinda funny still

I watch the wan show every week on the same device. 

What is going on here? Is it being hindered due to the content subject? 

Screenshot_20190216-173449.jpg

Linus accidentally leaked his address on stream, so they pulled it in order to censor that.

Just now, snowfox99 said:

Linus accidentally leaked his address on stream, so they pulled it in order to censor that.

Well we don't know yet. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Well we don't know yet. 

It's not confirmed; however, I think it'd be correct to assume that leaking emails and your home address is reason enough to revoke the video.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Imbellis said:

It's not confirmed; however, I think it'd be correct to assume that leaking emails and your home address is reason enough to revoke the video.

It was only the address that was visible, the password was not shown (in letter/number form). 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

Is that pulled out? Or youtube did smth? Watched half of it at morning and can't finish it :/

Quote me so I can reply <3

@LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo Thx, tried to found thread on forum but failed

Man, if leak happened, hope that only thing that will happen will be iduno, 100000 hentai pillows or love cards or smth piling up in his door step

Quote me so I can reply <3

9 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Why did he not just upload everything? his income a month ago. now his address.

It was only an e-mail address for Floatplane, the password characters weren't visible but just showed the black dots. It is for that reason that I doubt that this is the reason why the video has being taken down. 

زندگی از چراغ

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

This is all? change the password and add the mail address to the "burned" mail addresses list.

Yep that's all, a hacker would literally need to be the smartest person on earth to guess the password characters. 

زندگی از چراغ

12 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

It was only an e-mail address for Floatplane, the password characters weren't visible but just showed the black dots. It is for that reason that I doubt that this is the reason why the video has being taken down. 

From what I remember that was a physical address.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Just now, Lathlaer said:

From what I remember that was a physical address.

No, I don't think he showed a physical address. 

زندگی از چراغ

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

No, I don't think he showed a physical address. 

There was a moment when he showcased payment options in FP and when he clicked one box, it showed several possible "saved" data from credit cards. It was his and Yvonne's I believe and it looked like postal code but I don't remember for sure what else there was.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

19 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

There was a moment when he showcased payment options in FP and when he clicked one box, it showed several possible "saved" data from credit cards. It was his and Yvonne's I believe and it looked like postal code but I don't remember for sure what else there was.

I saw those but to me they looked like placeholder addresses. 

19 hours ago, James Evens said:

With enough statistic you could guess the characters based on the time between them. Which might narrow it enough to crack the password.

True but I don't think the best hacker in the world would even know what characters were used just by looking at a video. 

زندگی از چراغ

48 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I saw those but to me they looked like placeholder addresses. 

Comparing against past info, it doesn't seem like they were.

Although I doubt anybody will use it, it's still a good safety precaution. I've worked with a few streamers regarding privacy - you'd be surprised how little info it takes to narrow somebody down (and what happens when it's easily available).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

With enough statistic you could guess the characters based on the time between them. Which might narrow it enough to crack the password.

Doesn't he use Last Pass tho? So those characters, in theory, are random and unique. It would take so long to try and crack it, you'd be dead before it would work.

5 hours ago, Tilaron said:

If you've been having issues for 3 weeks in a row perhaps you should take it up with youtube's support, instead of the forum of a free content producer that you're now over.

Ops, I'm in the Apple forum? Have you read the other post? The video is down even on Twitch :)

But I like you, but pleas, don't be so rude. 

23 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Does not matter how random the password is. The hypothesis is there is a unique time to reach from key a to key b.

If you have enough data you can do some statistic to proof this and use it to estimate which keys is pressed just based on the time between two key presses. There will be some inaccurate but it does not matter since you  removed enough entropy to brute force the remaining likely passwords.

But did he type the password in? Because I recall it being auto completed (I was playing GTA while watching/listing, so I could have missed it).

Same here figured after 14 hours it would be done processing

tried on my phone and desktop

FYI:

You can still open the youtube video using VLC streaming option. Its at lowest quality though. Good enough to listen to if you cant wait however.

Just copy the address into the 'open network stream' , 'network' option.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

18 minutes ago, stormense said:

Ops, I'm in the Apple forum? Have you read the other post? The video is down even on Twitch :)

But I like you, but pleas, don't be so rude. 

As has already been mentioned, sensitive information was revealed during the show, so it's either taking its time processing after an edit or is going to be re-upped with an edit. Repeating someone's grouchy remark back at them is hardly rude.