Coil Whine, might the PSU be the issue here?

Fabioules

I wasn't quite sure where to post this issue but maybe this is the right place to do so.

The case is as follows:

I am experiencing quite a bit of GPU coil whine, to be more precise since my liquid cooling loop leaked and a bit of coolant got into the PSU.

After fixing the loop and letting the PSU dry out extensively everything seemed to be fine, however the GPU began to show coil whine after the incident.

At first I thought it had to be the GPU as I do have a pretty high quality PSU (AX860i) so I swapped the 1080ti reference card for a new rtx2080 strix and experienced the same issue so I RMA'd that aswell.

Now I got another GPU (again a 1080ti this time a MSI Gaming X) and the coil whine is back again. 

The whine itself is definitely coming from the GPU as I isolated both parts and am now in the process of getting a new PSU. 

Do any of you reckon this will solve my issue or did I just get extremely unlucky with my GPUs?

Go to a store and get one. Then try it. If it worked keepnit, if not return it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

My GPU just starts to have bad coil whine.

I don’t remember it being so bad in my last rig. My new PC is much quieter so I guessed it was always there but I couldn’t hear it over the rest of the rig. 

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz