Budget lga 1155 quad core on aliexpress

Hey guys, 

Looking for a upgrade after 5years. I have a lga1155 socket looking for a I5 or a i7 that can run games of 2019 with out bottlenecking my rx570. 

I cannot run few games on my i3 2120.. 

Looking in AliExpress and suggestions are welcome. Looking for something around 50$.

E3-1230 (V1)

Xeon E-2136 / Asus Z170M-E / 32GB DDR3 / RX 570 4GB

27 minutes ago, InuYasha! said:

E3-1230 (V1)

will it work on a b75 motherboard? i have gigabyte b75m-d3v.

4 minutes ago, Devilboy302 said:

i5 3470 or i5 3550 any good for games of 2019?

they still do fine, but spend abit more for an i7 2600/ e3 123x instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1080p high settings? maybe apex legends or fornite .. something like that.. and maybe games like witcher 3...

Planning to get something cheap now to just play some games and then later upgrade to a ryzen 3.. But it might take sometime to save up.. Because I have to save up for motherboard ram and processor. That's why going cheap.

1 hour ago, Devilboy302 said:

will it work on a b75 motherboard? i have gigabyte b75m-d3v.

Of course

E3 V1/V2 works on Intel 6/7 series motherboards

Xeon E-2136 / Asus Z170M-E / 32GB DDR3 / RX 570 4GB

The i5 3470 benches faster than an FX 8350 (I have both) and I game on the FX 8350, but the i5 does fine, its just better suited for my HTPC needs.  It is decent for its age compared to i5 6xxx etc (compare benches) and affordable to find.  You just aren't going to get a cure all, and the i7 will be the best choice (or the xeon version Im not sure) because...its an i7 same gen lol - even the 2600 (a little slower single core speed) has more threads and much better multi core which is what current gen games need

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

31 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

The i5 3470 benches faster than an FX 8350 (I have both) and I game on the FX 8350, but the i5 does fine, its just better suited for my HTPC needs.  It is decent for its age compared to i5 6xxx etc (compare benches) and affordable to find.  You just aren't going to get a cure all, and the i7 will be the best choice (or the xeon version Im not sure) because...its an i7 same gen lol - even the 2600 (a little slower single core speed) has more threads and much better multi core which is what current gen games need

More threads.. I'll check what I can get.. But that xeon e3 is like 70$ and i7s are literally 90$.. So thinking.. 

I have an i5 2500k rig and it overclocked to 4.8ghz easly and worked great with a 1050ti. The newer compatable i5 would probably work great but the i7 would be even better.

17 hours ago, Adam132 said:

I have an i5 2500k rig and it overclocked to 4.8ghz easly and worked great with a 1050ti. The newer compatable i5 would probably work great but the i7 would be even better.

I am mainly facing micro stutters in fortnite while playing i3-2120. And did a benchmark of shadow of war avg is 58fps.. And minimum is 0fps.. This is with medium setting in fortnite. While playing the game I didn't notice anything.. But in fortnite it was very visible..  frames suddenly drops.. Unplayable even in medium settings.. 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, Devilboy302 said:

Hey guys, 

Looking for a upgrade after 5years. I have a lga1155 socket looking for a I5 or a i7 that can run games of 2019 with out bottlenecking my rx570. 

I cannot run few games on my i3 2120.. 

Looking in AliExpress and suggestions are welcome. Looking for something around 50$.

Sadly, its not a good/viable option as CPUs for that Socket are rather expensive, for no reason. And they don't help much either.

It might make more sense to look to sell your Board. Depending on what it is, you should be able to get 50-75€ or so for good quality B75 Boards. Lowest End Boards however are not worth much.

And look for something more modern.

Used prices for those old things are insane.

LGA1156 was replaced back in 2013 when Haswell came out. We're talking about at least 6 Year old stuff. That should be available for an Apple and an Egg...

So you might want to look for other options, ask around if someone has something better in your circles...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

39 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Sadly, its not a good/viable option as CPUs for that Socket are rather expensive, for no reason. And they don't help much either.

It might make more sense to look to sell your Board. Depending on what it is, you should be able to get 50-75€ or so for good quality B75 Boards. Lowest End Boards however are not worth much.

And look for something more modern.

Used prices for those old things are insane.

LGA1156 was replaced back in 2013 when Haswell came out. We're talking about at least 6 Year old stuff. That should be available for an Apple and an Egg...

So you might want to look for other options, ask around if someone has something better in your circles...

When u are the only person in ur circle that plays pc games and everyone else in ur circle plays pubg mobile and uses mobile apps to do photoshop.. It's kinda hard getting used or to find ppl with pc.. Either they have pentium core 2 duo.. Or have a oneplus for all their needs.. 

Yeah, that sucks...

Especially the insane prices for those old things...

When an 8year old CPU is about the same or more than a new Ryzen 3 1400 and about the same performance, something isn't right...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

39 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah, that sucks...

Especially the insane prices for those old things...

When an 8year old CPU is about the same or more than a new Ryzen 3 1400 and about the same performance, something isn't right...

pricing for the i7s are bull, but the E3 1230 is only $50 on ebay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Yup.. After checking all the prices. The processors for this gen is nearly ryzen 3 price.. Not gonna spend on this. Save up and buy and do a ryzen 5 build.