Ugh GTA Online Sucks! And now I've lost my money and Rockstar refuses to help.

I've had GTA V for a while now and a buddy asked if I tried online back when I got it.  Back then I said I didn't want to deal with everything that I've heard about with online game play.  I was completely oblivious beyond what I heard about online  and thought I was overreacting when I said it, but now that I've played online -- fuuuuuck that shit.  

Does it get better?  

I haven't been able to get anything productive done unless I'm in Invite Only Mode.  

I wanted to explore GTA V Online, but having faced griefers galore and modders/hackers that made it snow and killed everyone in game simultaneously -- I don't know why anyone plays this game online.  I had a session where I kept spawning into a cage in my garage.  

How is this game so popular while being so broken?

I've met some nice folks, but even when I was being helped I couldn't figure out how I was being helped without someone explaining it (and nobody could explain it in real-time).  Being invited to a MC or to do VIP missions I couldn't complete tasks soon enough so I could get paid.  I didn't know what was going on.  It's fucking ridiculous.  

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong?

The only thing I've had success with is farming Sandkings and Sentinels while in Invite Only Mode.  And I can't do shit with that due to the cool down when selling stolen cars.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Online is so much fun for heists and whatnot, when you can avoid any players not associated with you.

Outside that it's utter trash.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

How is this game so popular while being so broken?

In my experience the game is mostly dead(could be a region thing, public lobbies in my area are usually empty, only filled with Chinese players at night). A lot of my friends and I just screw around in private lobbies and play private games together, never ever mingling with randoms.

You aren't doing anything wrong, that's just what gta V online is these days.

There is a reason why people hate it so much, including me. But the thing is, as long as people buy it and buy sharkcards they won't change anything.

Some people have friends and play in closed sessions which is imo the only way to actually enjoy gta V online. Thing is, you need friends, which i for example don't have so i don't play it at all.

The single player is nice tho, but that's about it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This game is literally for kids and when i say kids, i mean really young kids, not even more than 16~17ich

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

If you want to do the online mission stuff (apart from ones that require other players) just start a private match with yourself!

Ugh and now I'm learning that the one thing I really wanted isn't even popular enough to warrant being in-game anymore.  I simply wanted to race awesome cars only available online in street races.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

i only do online alone for occations, just hop on my dinka double T and ride around the map. it's relaxing, especially for days with bad weathers that you cant ride your real bike.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I wanted to change CEO Offices so I bought Arcadius Business Center and traded in Maze Bank West.  I had $2.5 million after the trade, but the money was gone during my next online session.

I reached out to Rockstar Support and their response was that their records didn't show the original purchase of Maze Bank West or the trade-in so they wouldn't give me the money lost back.  So their game fucked up.  Their logs fucked up.  And now they've decided that means their customer gets fucked. 

I'm not sure I'm ever gonna purchase another Rockstar game again.  This shit left a terrible taste in my mouth.  And they still can't control modders.  It's a fucking joke.