Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cra1gst1

Very very Strange connection

Posted · Original PosterOP

i have a 10gb card and my onboard 1gb if i use my onboard 1gb card to connect to my team speak server connects perfect but soon as i use my 10gb connection i lose connection and maybe ever 2min i will get connection for 1 - 2 seconds 

both cables connected to same switch but different ports 10gb / 1gb  

i notice odd pic issues on cmd ping text all results are perfect to local and web addresses 80-90ms to usa and 7-8 in england 

but speed test its goes to 60 for England  and LoL i get 70 - 7000ms ping while playing 

i dont know where to start diagnostics all my pci-e asus 10gb cars and the asus 10gb switch tried 10 different cat 7 cables from 15 - 50m cables 

on the verge of formatting the pc to rule that out i have changed mtu to 9000 on my unraid server and my local pc 

my teamspeak server is hosted in usa amazon server anyone had experience with 10gb or this issue i would like to get it working after spending £480 on a upgrade  

34 minutes ago, Cra1gst1 said:

i have a 10gb card and my onboard 1gb if i use my onboard 1gb card to connect to my team speak server connects perfect but soon as i use my 10gb connection i lose connection and maybe ever 2min i will get connection for 1 - 2 seconds 

both cables connected to same switch but different ports 10gb / 1gb  

i notice odd pic issues on cmd ping text all results are perfect to local and web addresses 80-90ms to usa and 7-8 in england 

but speed test its goes to 60 for England  and LoL i get 70 - 7000ms ping while playing 

i dont know where to start diagnostics all my pci-e asus 10gb cars and the asus 10gb switch tried 10 different cat 7 cables from 15 - 50m cables 

on the verge of formatting the pc to rule that out i have changed mtu to 9000 on my unraid server and my local pc 

my teamspeak server is hosted in usa amazon server anyone had experience with 10gb or this issue i would like to get it working after spending £480 on a upgrade  

That MTU is going to cause problems my friend.  Set it to default like 1500 … That can cause havok with a setting of 9000 and what not.  Just a thought, hope that is the case here.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4608 @ 1.456v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1911 9CL & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

AOC 40" 4k Curved / Samsung 40" 4k TV 120 MR / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus m.2 Card

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 & HD 4.50BT SE / Logitech G910 & G700s & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Intake / NF-P12 Exhaust

it was 1500 , i changed it to 9000 as a attempt to fix it , far as i can tell same card on my unraid server and other 10gb switch port is not having same issue , that unraid for you 

i boutght all asus stuff for easy upgrade plug and play 

i could bring it to the main pc and use 0.5 meter cable see if it makes a diffrent to rules out cables but 12 cables  now cat 7 and cat 6a no change 

may run linux iso to do test to rule out windows issue

OK i made a ubuntu iso and used live os and well teamspeak lost connection twice over 24 hours and ping stayed 7-9ms and download was 90mb witch is great and 250mb transfer speed , so has to be windows right ? im about to back it all up and reinstall windows 

8 hours ago, Cra1gst1 said:

OK i made a ubuntu iso and used live os and well teamspeak lost connection twice over 24 hours and ping stayed 7-9ms and download was 90mb witch is great and 250mb transfer speed , so has to be windows right ? im about to back it all up and reinstall windows 

try changing the interface metric to set priorities for your both Lan cards in windows....

https://www.google.com/search?q=interface+metric+priority

On 2/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, Vikas Rana said:

try changing the interface metric to set priorities for your both Lan cards in windows....

https://www.google.com/search?q=interface+metric+priority

i disabled the on board wifi and lan , think its a hardwear issue now 12 hours after the pc is on it starts frezzing and ping spikes in the 1 gb even with fresh windows 10 install

I don't see it mentioned, but if you have 2 NICs you cannot have them on the same subnet. You also cannot have them both "internet facing" at the same time. To only use your 10GB I would edit your 1gb connection and change it to static, for the IP address put something very different with a subnet of 255.255.255.254 and do not put a gateway. Then disable the interface and reboot to refresh your routing table.

Otherwise if you have used the 1gb card for internet access your computer will still have a default route to use the gateway of that NIC, and it may keep trying that route before ultimately using your 10gb interface.

*Edit - I also believe this post belongs in the networking sub?

sorry didnt see the network sub , and i disable the 1gb nic 

but i notice my 1gb nic spikes at the moment up and now i have ordered new ram new motherboard and new cpu see if it fixes is , may even have unraid with the i9